Liverpool midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain returned from injury against Burnley and the former Arsenal player scored his first Premier League goal of the season on the 88th minute to wrap up a 3-0 win for his side.
Oxlade-Chamberlain has been really unfortunate with injuries since his move to Anfield and it will be interesting to see if he can put together a sustained run in the side and regain his form.
Prior to a serious knee injury during his debut season, he managed to establish himself as an important player for Jurgen Klopp and the player will be hoping to reach that level next season.
The midfielder revealed after the game that he is working hard to take his opportunities at Liverpool and he will look to do his best whenever he gets a chance.
Liverpool could certainly use more game-changing options like Oxlade-Chamberlain in the closing stages of the season and it will be interesting to see if the midfielder can help his side secure a top-four finish.
“I’m absolutely delighted to be a part of this team and play for this football club, and that’s what I absolutely want to do,” he told Liverpoolfc.com.
“So that’s all I’ve been focusing on really, trying to make sure I work as hard as I can for the boys and keep training well, keep giving the manager decisions to make, as the other lads have maybe in a similar position to me at the minute.
“That’s all we can do, keep our heads down and whenever we get the opportunity, like tonight, I went on there and did something positive. I would have liked to have done that a few more times coming on this season.
“But you have these sort of spells in football sometimes and the main thing is I’ve gone through difficult moments in my career, so just being fit and healthy for a start, that’s always a good thing and gives you a base to work off.
“I’ve felt good for a while and I’m trying to work as hard as I can, keep my head down and keep believing in what we are all trying to do here: which is obviously now qualify for that top four.
“Anytime I get the opportunity to help I’ve got to make sure I’m ready to do that, and tonight I was glad I could do that. I’ll be kicking myself to do it more often, for sure.”
Latest Liverpool News
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview – Prediction and Potential line-ups
- Liverpool vs Chelsea Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups
- Has Klopp Struck A Deal For World Cup Winner?
- More Bad News For Liverpool On The Dias & Harvey Front
- Liverpool in December 2022: Key Fixtures & TV Schedule
- Liverpool Players at the 2022 World Cup
- Liverpool Predictions in October 2022: Can the Reds bounce back?
- Liverpool vs Ajax Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Liverpool’s final pre-season week: RB Salzburg, Man City & more
- Liverpool v Man Utd Pre-Season Friendly: Date, Kick-off Time & How to stream