Aston Villa are eager to agree a new long-term contract with defender Ezri Konsa.
According to Daily Mirror, Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur are keen on signing the defender at the end of this season.
Konsa has been one of the best defenders in the Premier League this term and it is no surprise that big clubs are keeping tabs on him.
According to the report, Dean Smith is determined to keep the 23-year-old and Villa will offer him improved terms to convince him to commit his future to the club.
However, Konsa could view Liverpool and Spurs as the ideal step in his career and he may want to work with better coaches and players next season.
Villa paid £12 million to sign Konsa in 2019 and they are likely to demand a massive fee to sell him this summer.
Both Spurs and Liverpool could use some defensive depth and Konsa would be a superb long-term investment for them.
Spurs need a long term replacement for Toby Alderweireld and Liverpool need to bring in a centre-back who is fitter and more reliable than the likes of Joel Matip and Joe Gomez.
Latest Liverpool News
- Liverpool’s 2021/2022 key fixtures and predictions
- Gini Wijnaldum vows to reveal the reasons behind Liverpool exit after the Euros
- Liverpool players that will feature in Euro 2020
- Liverpool have reportedly submitted a bid for Lorenzo Pellegrini
- Southampton in talks to sign Takumi Minamino permanently
- John Barnes urges Liverpool to sign Ousmane Dembele instead of Jadon Sancho
- Liverpool prepared to cash in on Marko Grujic
- Trent Alexander-Arnold ruled out of the Euros with a thigh injury
- Adrian closing in on a new deal with Liverpool
- Liverpool Transfer News: Five Major Transfers To Expect This Summer