Atalanta vs Liverpool
UEFA Champions League 2020/21
3rd November, 20:00 pm BST
Gewiss Stadium, Bergamo
Live Stream: Check here for all the info
Liverpool travel to Atalanta for a Champions League game in midweek and it will be a massive test for Jurgen Klopp’s side.
The Italian outfit are one of the most impressive attacking teams around Europe right now and they are likely to test Liverpool’s defence throughout the game.
With the likes of Virgil van Dijk and Fabinho ruled out with injuries, it will be interesting to see how Klopp sets up his back four for the clash.
Joel Matip is back in training, but it remains to be seen whether Klopp decides to bring him straight back into the starting line-up.
— James Pearce (@JamesPearceLFC) November 2, 2020
Joe Gomez and Nat Phillips did very well against West Ham United at the weekend, but Atalanta are far better in the attack and they are likely to cause the Reds loads of problems defensively.
Liverpool have won their first two group games in the Champions League and they will be eager to make it three in a row.
Atalanta have picked up four points from their first two group games and they will be hoping to close the gap with the Reds by winning at home.
Both teams like to play free-flowing attacking football and it will be interesting to see who comes out on top this week.
Liverpool will be without Virgil van Dijk, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Fabinho and Thiago for this game.
Atalanta are without Marten de Roon, Mattia Caldara, Robin Gosens.
Atalanta: Sportiello; Toloi, Romero, Palomino, Hateboer, Pasalic, Freuler, Mojica, Malinovskiy, Gomez, Zapata.
Liverpool: Alisson; Trent, Gomez, Phillips, Robertson, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Milner, Salah, Firmino, Mane.
Liverpool have kept a clean sheet in their last three Champions League matches.
Atalanta have scored at least two goals in six of their last seven Champions League matches.
Atalanta have won just two of their last five matches in all competitions.
Latest Liverpool News
- Gini Wijnaldum vows to reveal the reasons behind Liverpool exit after the Euros
- Liverpool players that will feature in Euro 2020
- Liverpool have reportedly submitted a bid for Lorenzo Pellegrini
- Southampton in talks to sign Takumi Minamino permanently
- John Barnes urges Liverpool to sign Ousmane Dembele instead of Jadon Sancho
- Liverpool prepared to cash in on Marko Grujic
- Trent Alexander-Arnold ruled out of the Euros with a thigh injury
- Adrian closing in on a new deal with Liverpool
- Liverpool Transfer News: Five Major Transfers To Expect This Summer
- Liverpool preparing for a massive clear-out this summer