Liverpool striker Roberto Firmino has been linked with a move to Atletico Madrid at the end of the season.
The Brazilian has struggled to replicate his peak form at Anfield over the past year and it will be interesting to see if the Reds decide to cash in on him this summer.
According to El gol digital (via Read Liverpool), the Spanish side are stepping up their efforts to sign the Brazilian at the end of this season.
There is no doubt that Firmino can be a world-class player on his day but he has not been at his best for months now. It will be interesting to see if Atletico Madrid can help him regain his confidence and form next season.
The Reds have been linked with quite a few attackers in recent weeks and they will have to sign a top-class player if Firmino decides to move on this summer.
The Spanish side already have the likes of Moussa Dembele, Joao Felix and Luis Suarez at their disposal and it will be interesting to see if they can accommodate the Brazilian striker in their starting lineup next season.
Firmino will be hoping to play regular first-team football if he moves to the La Liga side in the summer and Atletico Madrid will probably have to provide him with the necessary game time assurances before the transfer can go through.
Latest Liverpool News
- FA Cup: Liverpool predicted line-up vs Arsenal
- Liverpool’s six games that could see them top the Premier League table in January
- Liverpool players in the international break
- Preview: Liverpool vs Everton – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Anfield is one of the Premier League’s most accessible stadiums
- What are Liverpool’s chances of winning the Europa League?
- Liverpool new signing Alexis Mac Allister gets red card on Anfield debut against Bournemouth
- Liverpool in July: Four pre-season fixtures as Klopp aims for a huge comeback next season
- Mo Salah on target to reach 200+ goals for Liverpool next season
- Salah could break Thierry Henry’s record by scoring one goal in Liverpool’s next two games