Liverpool striker Roberto Firmino has been linked with a move to Atletico Madrid at the end of the season.
The Brazilian has struggled to replicate his peak form at Anfield over the past year and it will be interesting to see if the Reds decide to cash in on him this summer.
According to El gol digital (via Read Liverpool), the Spanish side are stepping up their efforts to sign the Brazilian at the end of this season.
There is no doubt that Firmino can be a world-class player on his day but he has not been at his best for months now. It will be interesting to see if Atletico Madrid can help him regain his confidence and form next season.
The Reds have been linked with quite a few attackers in recent weeks and they will have to sign a top-class player if Firmino decides to move on this summer.
The Spanish side already have the likes of Moussa Dembele, Joao Felix and Luis Suarez at their disposal and it will be interesting to see if they can accommodate the Brazilian striker in their starting lineup next season.
Firmino will be hoping to play regular first-team football if he moves to the La Liga side in the summer and Atletico Madrid will probably have to provide him with the necessary game time assurances before the transfer can go through.
Latest Liverpool News
- Liverpool’s 2021/2022 key fixtures and predictions
- Gini Wijnaldum vows to reveal the reasons behind Liverpool exit after the Euros
- Liverpool players that will feature in Euro 2020
- Liverpool have reportedly submitted a bid for Lorenzo Pellegrini
- Southampton in talks to sign Takumi Minamino permanently
- John Barnes urges Liverpool to sign Ousmane Dembele instead of Jadon Sancho
- Liverpool prepared to cash in on Marko Grujic
- Trent Alexander-Arnold ruled out of the Euros with a thigh injury
- Adrian closing in on a new deal with Liverpool
- Liverpool Transfer News: Five Major Transfers To Expect This Summer