Bayern Munich are thought to be interested in signing the Liverpool midfielder Gini Wijnaldum this summer.
The Dutch international has been linked with a move away from Anfield with his contract set to expire in the coming months.
The former Newcastle United midfielder is yet to sign an extension and it will be interesting to see if he leaves the club on a free transfer.
Wijnaldum can play multiple roles in the midfield and his versatility could be very useful for the German club if they manage to sign him.
The Dutchman has helped Liverpool win the Premier League and the Champions League and signing a player of his calibre on a free transfer would be a masterstroke from Bayern Munich.
According to reports from Anfield central, newly appointed Bayern Munich manager Julian Nagelsmann is an admirer of the Liverpool midfielder and he wants to lure the player away from Anfield this summer.
The midfielder has been heavily linked with a move to Barcelona as well and it remains to be seen where he ends up eventually.
Apart from his quality as a footballer, Wijnaldum is extremely fit and his availability will be an added bonus for his new club.
Latest Liverpool News
- Liverpool’s six games that could see them top the Premier League table in January
- Liverpool players in the international break
- Preview: Liverpool vs Everton – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Anfield is one of the Premier League’s most accessible stadiums
- What are Liverpool’s chances of winning the Europa League?
- Liverpool new signing Alexis Mac Allister gets red card on Anfield debut against Bournemouth
- Liverpool in July: Four pre-season fixtures as Klopp aims for a huge comeback next season
- Mo Salah on target to reach 200+ goals for Liverpool next season
- Salah could break Thierry Henry’s record by scoring one goal in Liverpool’s next two games
- Preview: Liverpool vs Aston Villa – prediction, team news, line-up