Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has provided a positive update on the injury of Portuguese forward Diogo Jota.
The German manager recently claimed that the attacker would miss the remainder of the season with the foot injury he sustained against Manchester United.
The former Wolverhampton Wanderers star missed the game against West Bromwich Albion but he has an outside chance of being involved against Crystal Palace at the weekend now.
According to the Liverpool manager, the injury does not look as serious after another CT scan. Apparently the swelling has gone down and the player could return before the end of the season.
Klopp said to the club’s website: “Diogo, when the swelling went down, we did another picture and it looked better than in the first place with the first scan. With the CT [scan] you could see it better.
“So, there is a tiny, tiny little chance for him for the weekend, but it depends how it improves now. We have to see that.
“It is obviously good news for Portugal and for Diogo himself, with the Euros not in danger at all. That’s good, but if it’s good enough for us, we will see.”
The Reds are fighting to secure their place in the Champions League next season and the return of Jota will come as a boost to them. Furthermore, the player will be desperate to take part in the Euros with Portugal as well.
Liverpool have been plagued with injuries this season and the fans will certainly welcome a bit of luck in terms of the Jota injury right now.
Latest Liverpool News
- What are Liverpool’s chances of winning the Europa League?
- Liverpool new signing Alexis Mac Allister gets red card on Anfield debut against Bournemouth
- Liverpool in July: Four pre-season fixtures as Klopp aims for a huge comeback next season
- Mo Salah on target to reach 200+ goals for Liverpool next season
- Salah could break Thierry Henry’s record by scoring one goal in Liverpool’s next two games
- Preview: Liverpool vs Aston Villa – prediction, team news, line-up
- Liverpool in May: Can Klopp’s team get 15 points to lay down a marker for next season?
- Preview: Leeds United vs Liverpool – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Three Players Liverpool Must Sign After Jude Bellingham Blow
- Liverpool in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures