Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has provided a positive update on the injury of Portuguese forward Diogo Jota.
The German manager recently claimed that the attacker would miss the remainder of the season with the foot injury he sustained against Manchester United.
The former Wolverhampton Wanderers star missed the game against West Bromwich Albion but he has an outside chance of being involved against Crystal Palace at the weekend now.
According to the Liverpool manager, the injury does not look as serious after another CT scan. Apparently the swelling has gone down and the player could return before the end of the season.
Klopp said to the club’s website: “Diogo, when the swelling went down, we did another picture and it looked better than in the first place with the first scan. With the CT [scan] you could see it better.
“So, there is a tiny, tiny little chance for him for the weekend, but it depends how it improves now. We have to see that.
“It is obviously good news for Portugal and for Diogo himself, with the Euros not in danger at all. That’s good, but if it’s good enough for us, we will see.”
The Reds are fighting to secure their place in the Champions League next season and the return of Jota will come as a boost to them. Furthermore, the player will be desperate to take part in the Euros with Portugal as well.
Liverpool have been plagued with injuries this season and the fans will certainly welcome a bit of luck in terms of the Jota injury right now.
Latest Liverpool News
- Gini Wijnaldum vows to reveal the reasons behind Liverpool exit after the Euros
- Liverpool players that will feature in Euro 2020
- Liverpool have reportedly submitted a bid for Lorenzo Pellegrini
- Southampton in talks to sign Takumi Minamino permanently
- John Barnes urges Liverpool to sign Ousmane Dembele instead of Jadon Sancho
- Liverpool prepared to cash in on Marko Grujic
- Trent Alexander-Arnold ruled out of the Euros with a thigh injury
- Adrian closing in on a new deal with Liverpool
- Liverpool Transfer News: Five Major Transfers To Expect This Summer
- Liverpool preparing for a massive clear-out this summer