Liverpool have been handed a major injury boost ahead of their clash against Sheffield United at the weekend.
Portuguese international Diogo Jota is set to return to full training this week as per the Telegraph and manager Jurgen Klopp will be hoping that the 24-year-old is available for selection against the Blades.
The Reds are in desperate need of some attacking quality and the former Wolverhampton Wanderers star would improve them immensely.
Liverpool were top of the table when Jota was fit and firing, but his injury during December coincided with their drastic dip in form.
The likes of Sadio Mane and Roberto Firmino have been quite mediocre this season and Jota completely outperformed them before his injury.
The Reds have dropped out of the top four and are in desperate need of some inspiration. Qualifying for the Champions League should be their top priority right now and the return of Jota could not have been timed better.
The 23-year-old has already scored nine goals for Liverpool this term and he will be hoping to add to his tally if he returns to action later this week.
Some Liverpool fans have taken to Twitter to share their thoughts on the injury update and here is what they had to say.
Might as well just give us the Champions League trophy now. Save the hassle
— Jurgen Klopp’s Burner #FSGOut (@NorbertsBurner) February 22, 2021
WE ARE BACK pic.twitter.com/2vLkOW2Bqw
— lfcwebo (@SamWebo) February 22, 2021
— Dan Bradley (@DanBrad61026561) February 22, 2021
This is a game changer. https://t.co/Iy5jidDwvD
— Sam McGuire (@SamMcGuire90) February 22, 2021
Suddenly feeling confident that we can get a point against Sheffield United now!
— barry (@BackseatsmanLFC) February 22, 2021
Latest Liverpool News
- Liverpool’s six games that could see them top the Premier League table in January
- Liverpool players in the international break
- Preview: Liverpool vs Everton – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Anfield is one of the Premier League’s most accessible stadiums
- What are Liverpool’s chances of winning the Europa League?
- Liverpool new signing Alexis Mac Allister gets red card on Anfield debut against Bournemouth
- Liverpool in July: Four pre-season fixtures as Klopp aims for a huge comeback next season
- Mo Salah on target to reach 200+ goals for Liverpool next season
- Salah could break Thierry Henry’s record by scoring one goal in Liverpool’s next two games
- Preview: Liverpool vs Aston Villa – prediction, team news, line-up