Liverpool picked up a 2-0 win over Sheffield United to end their losing streak in the Premier League earlier tonight.
Jurgen Klopp’s men were slightly lucky with their goals in the second half, but they deserved to pick up all three points on the balance of play.
It was an impressive display from the Liverpool players away from home, and Gini Wijnaldum’s performance impressed former Liverpool player Don Hutchison.
Hutchison took to Twitter to claim that Liverpool should pay the Dutchman as much as he wants and extend his stay at Anfield.
Pay Genie Wynaldum as much as he wants another exellent dependable performance! #consistantas!!
— Don Hutchison (@donhutch4) February 28, 2021
Wijnaldum will be a free agent at the end of this season, and the Reds have not managed to agree on a new deal with him so far.
The player has been linked with Barcelona in recent months, and it will be interesting to see if Liverpool can convince him to continue at Anfield beyond this season. Wijnaldum has been linked with a reunion with his former international boss Ronald Koeman at Camp Nou.
There is no doubt that the 70-cap Dutch international has been a reliable servant for the Premier League club since his move from Newcastle United, and he could still be a very valuable member of the squad for Liverpool in the coming years.
Wijnaldium can play multiple roles in midfield, and his fantastic injury record makes him a very useful option For the Reds.
Latest Liverpool News
- FA Cup: Liverpool predicted line-up vs Arsenal
- Liverpool’s six games that could see them top the Premier League table in January
- Liverpool players in the international break
- Preview: Liverpool vs Everton – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Anfield is one of the Premier League’s most accessible stadiums
- What are Liverpool’s chances of winning the Europa League?
- Liverpool new signing Alexis Mac Allister gets red card on Anfield debut against Bournemouth
- Liverpool in July: Four pre-season fixtures as Klopp aims for a huge comeback next season
- Mo Salah on target to reach 200+ goals for Liverpool next season
- Salah could break Thierry Henry’s record by scoring one goal in Liverpool’s next two games