Nobody expected Liverpool to be in the Premier League title race at the beginning of the season.
But Jurgen Klopp’s side have defied expectations by putting together an impressive run of form during the first-half of the campaign.
They have suffered only one defeat from their opening 20 top-flight games, and are currently sitting at the top with a three points lead.
The Reds’ most recent win came against Newcastle United, who were beaten 4-2 after a brilliant brace from Mohamed Salah.
Klopp’s men will now turn their focus to the FA Cup, where they will meet Arsenal in the third round on Sunday.
Many fans will travel to the Emirates Stadium but a bigger number will watch the FA Cup live game from the comfort of their home.
Liverpool predicted line-up vs Arsenal
Caoimhin Kelleher has often been used as the Reds’ goalkeeper for FA Cup matches in recent years, but Klopp will likely feature Alisson for the important clash against Arsenal this week.
Trent Alexander-Arnold is expected to continue at right-back, while the defensive duo of Virgil van Dijk and Ibrahima Konate should also keep their places.
Joe Gomez, who made a series of vital blocks and tackles against Newcastle, will be hoping for another good game at left-back.
In midfield, Klopp will likely feature Ryan Gravenberch and Alexis Mac Allister as Dominik Szoboszlai is injured while Wataru Endo has Asian Cup duty with Japan. Curtis Jones should keep his place as a central midfielder.
In attack, Mohamed Salah will be a big miss as he has headed for Ivory Coast to play in the Africa Cup of Nations. Diogo Jota is expected to replace the Egyptian on the right wing.
Darwin Nunez, who recently ended his goal drought, will be hoping to make a big impact for his team this weekend.
Luis Diaz from the left wing will wish the same in the coming away encounter.
Liverpool expected line-up: Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Konate, Van Dijk, Gomez; Jones, Mac Allister, Gravenberch; Jota, Nunez, Diaz
Latest Liverpool News
- FA Cup: Liverpool predicted line-up vs Arsenal
- Liverpool’s six games that could see them top the Premier League table in January
- Liverpool players in the international break
- Preview: Liverpool vs Everton – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Anfield is one of the Premier League’s most accessible stadiums
- What are Liverpool’s chances of winning the Europa League?
- Liverpool new signing Alexis Mac Allister gets red card on Anfield debut against Bournemouth
- Liverpool in July: Four pre-season fixtures as Klopp aims for a huge comeback next season
- Mo Salah on target to reach 200+ goals for Liverpool next season
- Salah could break Thierry Henry’s record by scoring one goal in Liverpool’s next two games