Chelsea picked up a morale-boosting 1-0 win over Liverpool in the Premier League earlier tonight, and midfielder Mason Mount produced a match-winning performance for the Blues.
Not only did he create several impressive chances for his teammates, but the 22-year-old also managed to score the winning goal of the game in the 42nd minute.
Mount was arguably the best player on the pitch, and former Premier League player Gary Lineker was impressed with the midfielder’s performance.
Lineker took to Twitter to share his thoughts on the Chelsea star during the game.
What a player @masonmount_10 will be. Make that, already is.
— Gary Lineker 💙 (@GaryLineker) March 4, 2021
Mount has had an outstanding season with the Blues, and he seems to have picked up from where he left off under former Chelsea manager Frank Lampard.
He has managed to win the trust of the new Chelsea boss, establishing himself as a key starter under Thomas Tuchel.
The 22-year-old is highly talented and has a big future ahead of him. Mount has six goals and six assists this season and has been the main source of creativity for the Blues.
Chelsea must look to find a quality finisher to support Mount next season.
Timo Werner has struggled to get going in the Premier League, and Mount may well have created more goals with a clinical poacher ahead of him.
Latest Liverpool News
- Liverpool’s 2022/23 Premier League Fixtures Announced – Key Highlights
- Liverpool Transfer News – Sadio Mane leaning towards Bayern Munich move
- Liverpool vs Real Madrid Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool’s Road To FA Cup Final – Quadruple Quest On The Line At Wembley
- Liverpool Week Recap: Champions League Quarter-Final Success Sets FA Cup Action Nicely & Latest Transfer Updates
- Liverpool Transfer News: Possible Salah replacement, Origi out, Rice in?
- Liverpool April 2022 Preview: Fatigue the biggest enemy as Klopp’s men play eight times
- Liverpool vs Inter Milan: Preview – Prediction, line-ups, live streaming
- Andy Robertson Delivers Premier League Title Verdict Ahead of Liverpool clash against Norwich
- How Could Liverpool Line Up in Attack Against Leicester City?