Liverpool defender Virgil van Dijk is currently out for the season with ACL damage.
However, the Dutch international is undergoing rehabilitation and is back on the training pitch, doing light running and exercises.
The Liverpool star posted a training video on his Twitter account highlighting his progress, and former Premier League star Gary Lineker has shared his reaction to the defender’s post.
The cavalry is on the way. https://t.co/rB4Wj734ao
— Gary Lineker 💙 (@GaryLineker) March 6, 2021
Liverpool have missed the 29-year-old centre-back massively this season.
Van Dijk is arguably the best player at the club alongside Mohamed Salah, and his absence has left the Reds vulnerable at the back.
Furthermore, injuries to Joe Gomez and Joel Matip have left Jurgen Klopp with limited options at the back. The Reds have had to field midfielders in defence and rely on inexperienced academy centre-backs in recent months.
It has been a forgettable season for Liverpool, and they could miss out on Champions League qualification. Too many injuries have created an imbalance in the starting line-up, and the whole team is suffering because of that.
It will be interesting to see if Van Dijk can recover fully and return to his peak form next season.
There will be worries about the long-term effects of this injury, and the club will be desperate for van Dijk to avoid any further issues.
Latest Liverpool News
- Liverpool’s 2021/2022 key fixtures and predictions
- Gini Wijnaldum vows to reveal the reasons behind Liverpool exit after the Euros
- Liverpool players that will feature in Euro 2020
- Liverpool have reportedly submitted a bid for Lorenzo Pellegrini
- Southampton in talks to sign Takumi Minamino permanently
- John Barnes urges Liverpool to sign Ousmane Dembele instead of Jadon Sancho
- Liverpool prepared to cash in on Marko Grujic
- Trent Alexander-Arnold ruled out of the Euros with a thigh injury
- Adrian closing in on a new deal with Liverpool
- Liverpool Transfer News: Five Major Transfers To Expect This Summer