Liverpool defender Virgil van Dijk is currently out for the season with ACL damage.
However, the Dutch international is undergoing rehabilitation and is back on the training pitch, doing light running and exercises.
The Liverpool star posted a training video on his Twitter account highlighting his progress, and former Premier League star Gary Lineker has shared his reaction to the defender’s post.
The cavalry is on the way. https://t.co/rB4Wj734ao
— Gary Lineker 💙 (@GaryLineker) March 6, 2021
Liverpool have missed the 29-year-old centre-back massively this season.
Van Dijk is arguably the best player at the club alongside Mohamed Salah, and his absence has left the Reds vulnerable at the back.
Furthermore, injuries to Joe Gomez and Joel Matip have left Jurgen Klopp with limited options at the back. The Reds have had to field midfielders in defence and rely on inexperienced academy centre-backs in recent months.
It has been a forgettable season for Liverpool, and they could miss out on Champions League qualification. Too many injuries have created an imbalance in the starting line-up, and the whole team is suffering because of that.
It will be interesting to see if Van Dijk can recover fully and return to his peak form next season.
There will be worries about the long-term effects of this injury, and the club will be desperate for van Dijk to avoid any further issues.
Latest Liverpool News
- What are Liverpool’s chances of winning the Europa League?
- Liverpool new signing Alexis Mac Allister gets red card on Anfield debut against Bournemouth
- Liverpool in July: Four pre-season fixtures as Klopp aims for a huge comeback next season
- Mo Salah on target to reach 200+ goals for Liverpool next season
- Salah could break Thierry Henry’s record by scoring one goal in Liverpool’s next two games
- Preview: Liverpool vs Aston Villa – prediction, team news, line-up
- Liverpool in May: Can Klopp’s team get 15 points to lay down a marker for next season?
- Preview: Leeds United vs Liverpool – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Three Players Liverpool Must Sign After Jude Bellingham Blow
- Liverpool in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures