Liverpool midfielder Gini Wijnaldum is expected to leave the club this summer when his contract expires.
The player has not signed an extension with the Premier League champions just yet and Telegraph believe that the Dutchman has given Liverpool some hope of staying at Anfield beyond this summer.
The player previously indicated that he would be disappointed to leave Anfield.
Despite links with Inter Milan and Barcelona, the player has not signed a pre-contract agreement with any club.
It will be interesting to see if the Reds can agree on a new deal with the 30 year old in the coming weeks.
Wijnaldium has been a key player for Jurgen Klopp since joining the club from Newcastle and he has played a key role in their Premier League and Champions League win.
Apart from his quality as a footballer, his availability has been priceless for Liverpool. Very few players have played more games than the Dutchman over the last few seasons and having a durable player like him could make a world of difference for Liverpool next year.
The Reds have had a horrible injury crisis this season and they will know all about keeping durable players at the club. Wijnaldum can play multiple roles across the midfield and he would be an invaluable asset for the Reds if he stays beyond this summer.
Latest Liverpool News
- Liverpool’s 2021/2022 key fixtures and predictions
- Gini Wijnaldum vows to reveal the reasons behind Liverpool exit after the Euros
- Liverpool players that will feature in Euro 2020
- Liverpool have reportedly submitted a bid for Lorenzo Pellegrini
- Southampton in talks to sign Takumi Minamino permanently
- John Barnes urges Liverpool to sign Ousmane Dembele instead of Jadon Sancho
- Liverpool prepared to cash in on Marko Grujic
- Trent Alexander-Arnold ruled out of the Euros with a thigh injury
- Adrian closing in on a new deal with Liverpool
- Liverpool Transfer News: Five Major Transfers To Expect This Summer