Liverpool midfielder Gini Wijnaldum is expected to leave the club this summer when his contract expires.
The player has not signed an extension with the Premier League champions just yet and Telegraph believe that the Dutchman has given Liverpool some hope of staying at Anfield beyond this summer.
The player previously indicated that he would be disappointed to leave Anfield.
Despite links with Inter Milan and Barcelona, the player has not signed a pre-contract agreement with any club.
It will be interesting to see if the Reds can agree on a new deal with the 30 year old in the coming weeks.
Wijnaldium has been a key player for Jurgen Klopp since joining the club from Newcastle and he has played a key role in their Premier League and Champions League win.
Apart from his quality as a footballer, his availability has been priceless for Liverpool. Very few players have played more games than the Dutchman over the last few seasons and having a durable player like him could make a world of difference for Liverpool next year.
The Reds have had a horrible injury crisis this season and they will know all about keeping durable players at the club. Wijnaldum can play multiple roles across the midfield and he would be an invaluable asset for the Reds if he stays beyond this summer.
Latest Liverpool News
- Liverpool in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview – Prediction and Potential line-ups
- Liverpool vs Chelsea Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups
- Has Klopp Struck A Deal For World Cup Winner?
- More Bad News For Liverpool On The Dias & Harvey Front
- Liverpool in December 2022: Key Fixtures & TV Schedule
- Liverpool Players at the 2022 World Cup
- Liverpool Predictions in October 2022: Can the Reds bounce back?
- Liverpool vs Ajax Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Liverpool’s final pre-season week: RB Salzburg, Man City & more