Liverpool midfielder Gini Wijnaldum is set to leave the Merseyside outfit this summer and his agent is already working on a potential move.
The player’s agent Humphry Nijman has opened the door to a potential Bayern Munich transfer for the 30 year old Dutch international.
His agent has urged the German club to make their move for him if they are interested in signing him on a free transfer.
Nijman said (via Goal): “Wijnaldum is a free transfer and keeps all options open.
“FC Bayern is a great club. If you are interested in him, please feel free to speak to us.”
The player has been heavily linked with a move to Barcelona as well mainly because of their manager Ronald Koeman.
Koeman has worked with Wijnaldum during their time together with the national team and it will be interesting to see if he makes a move to sign the 30 year old.
The Dutchman could prove to be a very useful signing for the likes of Bayern and Barcelona because of his availability and versatility.
Very few players across Europe have been as durable as the Liverpool midfielder over the last few seasons and he can play multiple positions which will help the side during rotation and injuries.
It will be interesting to see how Liverpool replace the Dutchman and his availability in the summer.
The likes of Thiago Alcantara and Naby Keita are excellent players but they have had their fair share of injury problems.
Liverpool will need to bring in someone who is as durable as Wijnaldum whilst also replacing his skill set.
Latest Liverpool News
- Liverpool’s six games that could see them top the Premier League table in January
- Liverpool players in the international break
- Preview: Liverpool vs Everton – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Anfield is one of the Premier League’s most accessible stadiums
- What are Liverpool’s chances of winning the Europa League?
- Liverpool new signing Alexis Mac Allister gets red card on Anfield debut against Bournemouth
- Liverpool in July: Four pre-season fixtures as Klopp aims for a huge comeback next season
- Mo Salah on target to reach 200+ goals for Liverpool next season
- Salah could break Thierry Henry’s record by scoring one goal in Liverpool’s next two games
- Preview: Liverpool vs Aston Villa – prediction, team news, line-up