Liverpool are going through an injury crisis at the back right now but a defensive signing in January seems quite unlikely.
According to Rory Smith, the Reds are planning to bring in a quality defender at the end of the season and he has hinted that Liverpool could move for the RB Leipzig star Ibrahima Konate.
The Reds have also been linked with Dayot Upamecano in recent weeks but it seems that they are keen on his teammate instead.
Konate has had his fair share of injury problems over the past year and it remains to be seen if he can recover fully and convince Liverpool that he is worth the investment in the summer.
In terms of quality, there is no doubt that the Frenchman is a top-class defender with massive potential. Furthermore, his aerial ability makes him an ideal fit for the Liverpool back four.
Jurgen Klopp prefers aerially dominant centre backs and Konate certainly fits the bill.
Liverpool must look to secure their place in the top four this season if they want to sign their key targets in the summer. Losing out on Champions League football will make it harder for them to attract talented young players like Konate.
The 21-year-old will want to join a club that can challenge for the top honours and working with Jurgen Klopp could help him improve just like it has helped Joe Gomez, Trent-Alexander Arnold and Andy Robertson.
Latest Liverpool News
- Liverpool’s 2022/23 Premier League Fixtures Announced – Key Highlights
- Liverpool Transfer News – Sadio Mane leaning towards Bayern Munich move
- Liverpool vs Real Madrid Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool’s Road To FA Cup Final – Quadruple Quest On The Line At Wembley
- Liverpool Week Recap: Champions League Quarter-Final Success Sets FA Cup Action Nicely & Latest Transfer Updates
- Liverpool Transfer News: Possible Salah replacement, Origi out, Rice in?
- Liverpool April 2022 Preview: Fatigue the biggest enemy as Klopp’s men play eight times
- Liverpool vs Inter Milan: Preview – Prediction, line-ups, live streaming
- Andy Robertson Delivers Premier League Title Verdict Ahead of Liverpool clash against Norwich
- How Could Liverpool Line Up in Attack Against Leicester City?