Liverpool picked up a stunning 2-1 win over West Brom in the Premier League earlier and Alisson Becker scored the matchwinning goal in stoppage time.
With the scores level, the Liverpool goalkeeper headed in the winner from a corner to secure all three points for his side.
The Reds were in desperate need of a win with their top four hopes hanging by a thread and Alisson stepped up as the unlikely hero on the attacking end of the pitch.
It has been a difficult season for the Brazilian in terms of form, injuries and his loss of his father recently in an accident.
Alisson has been away from his family because of the Coronavirus restrictions as well.
However, he showed tremendous character to deliver when his side needed it the most and manager Jurgen Klopp has hailed the goal and the contribution after the game.
The Liverpool manager claimed that it was an insane goal and the timing of it was perfect.
West Brom will be bitterly disappointed with the late goal but it might just have kept Liverpool in the race for Champions League qualification.
Klopp was quoted saying by the club’s official website: “So we created chances but didn’t use them. And we needed a corner in the last second and our goalie to score off it. What a goal, what a worldie. Unbelievable goal. The technique, absolutely insane. Couldn’t have hit a better person, couldn’t have been a better moment. Just perfect for today. We didn’t have a lot of these moments in the season, so I don’t think we should take it for granted now just because we had it once. We have to keep going.”
Latest Liverpool News
- Liverpool’s 2021/2022 key fixtures and predictions
- Gini Wijnaldum vows to reveal the reasons behind Liverpool exit after the Euros
- Liverpool players that will feature in Euro 2020
- Liverpool have reportedly submitted a bid for Lorenzo Pellegrini
- Southampton in talks to sign Takumi Minamino permanently
- John Barnes urges Liverpool to sign Ousmane Dembele instead of Jadon Sancho
- Liverpool prepared to cash in on Marko Grujic
- Trent Alexander-Arnold ruled out of the Euros with a thigh injury
- Adrian closing in on a new deal with Liverpool
- Liverpool Transfer News: Five Major Transfers To Expect This Summer