Jurgen Klopp has heaped praise on the Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah after his impressive performance against Manchester United at Old Trafford.
The Egyptian international marked his 200th appearance for the Premier League side with his 124th goal on Thursday.
The Reds produced an impressive performance in their pursuit of Champions League qualification and Salah wrapped up the game with a fantastic finish. Liverpool won the game 4-2 to boost their chances of Champions League qualification.
The Liverpool star has been the best player at the club this season and he took his tally to 30 goals for the season with his strike against bitter rivals Manchester United.
Liverpool have had a very mediocre season by their standards and most of their key players have struggled to hit their best form.
However Salah has continued his impressive run of form since the start of the season and he is the only consistent performance for the Reds this year.
Liverpool manager Klopp revealed that the Egyptian is an outstanding signing for his side and he is a role model.
Klopp said to the club’s official website: “Let me say it like this: two players, there’s Robert Lewandowski, who I signed for a different amount of money years ago – well, not years ago, but it feels like – who had an incredible development from a different level, but an incredible development.
“With Mo, from the guy who scores from time to time and is a really good football player to this goalscoring machine is a massive development.
“He is an outstanding signing, but for sure the way he developed, the way he treats himself, the game preparation, the training preparation, training attitude and all these kind of things, that’s exceptional.
“That’s a real role model and he deserves all that, absolutely.”
Latest Liverpool News
- Liverpool’s six games that could see them top the Premier League table in January
- Liverpool players in the international break
- Preview: Liverpool vs Everton – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Anfield is one of the Premier League’s most accessible stadiums
- What are Liverpool’s chances of winning the Europa League?
- Liverpool new signing Alexis Mac Allister gets red card on Anfield debut against Bournemouth
- Liverpool in July: Four pre-season fixtures as Klopp aims for a huge comeback next season
- Mo Salah on target to reach 200+ goals for Liverpool next season
- Salah could break Thierry Henry’s record by scoring one goal in Liverpool’s next two games
- Preview: Liverpool vs Aston Villa – prediction, team news, line-up