Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has indicated that the Reds could be in for a difficult summer transfer window.
The Premier League side are likely to miss out on Champions League football and it will hurt their revenues considerably.
The Reds were already reeling from the financial impact of the coronavirus pandemic and the absence of European football will make things difficult for them in the transfer market.
It will be interesting to see if the Reds can strengthen their squad properly this summer and return to challenging for titles next season.
Klopp said to Liverpool Echo: “Playing Champions League obviously is massive, especially from a financial point of view for the club. So it’s really important.
“If we cannot make that, then that’s not good. Definitely not.
“I don’t think it will change anything because the situation was difficult before and it is difficult after.
“Football is in a difficult situation. I don’t think it will change a lot.”
There is no doubt that Liverpool need to strengthen more than one area of their squad and Klopp will need significant backing during the summer transfer window.
Liverpool must look to sign a quality centre back, a central midfield replacement for Gini Wijnaldum, a striker and a winger. They cannot afford to go into the new season without adequate reinforcements if they want to win the title once again.
Liverpool owners FSG have been heavily criticised over the last few years for their lack of spending and it will be interesting to see whether they can fund these moves without the revenue of Champions League football this summer.
They were already accused of penny-pinching when the Reds were winning trophies and it seems unlikely that they will sanction a spending spree in this situation.
Latest Liverpool News
- Liverpool Players at the 2022 World Cup
- Liverpool Predictions in October 2022: Can the Reds bounce back?
- Liverpool vs Ajax Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Liverpool’s final pre-season week: RB Salzburg, Man City & more
- Liverpool v Man Utd Pre-Season Friendly: Date, Kick-off Time & How to stream
- Fabrizio Romano offers insight into Darwin Nunez’s move to Liverpool
- Liverpool’s 2022/23 Premier League Fixtures Announced – Key Highlights
- Liverpool Transfer News – Sadio Mane leaning towards Bayern Munich move
- Liverpool vs Real Madrid Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool’s Road To FA Cup Final – Quadruple Quest On The Line At Wembley