Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has revealed that Naby Keita has a long term future at the club despite his injury problems.
The Reds spent a sum of around £53 million for the player back in 2018 but the 26-year-old has been a massive disappointment so far.
Klopp said to Daily Mail: “Naby trains really well in the moment, I have to say. He trains really well, like a lot of other players, and looks really good in training. But this year now we need stability. We will make changes from time to time definitely, but it’s not like we pick now seven, eight, nine players to change and say, ‘Maybe we can win it like this’. The long-term future of Naby Keita, from my point of view, is here, yes.”
Despite being able to show his quality in flashes, Keita has struggled to hold down a regular starting berth for the Reds because of his persistent injury problems.
There is no doubt that the Guinean is a tremendous talent but he will have to get over his injury issues if he wants to succeed at Liverpool.
The midfielder has made just nine starts for the Reds this season and he has been linked with a move away from Anfield this summer.
It will be interesting to see whether the midfielder can convince the club hierarchy to persist with him another season at the very least.
It wouldn’t be surprising if the Reds decided to cash in on him despite Klopp’s comments. Keita has clearly lost a lot of value over the last three years and the Reds might feel that this is the right time to cut their losses on him especially when they might need to raise funds for summer transfers.
Latest Liverpool News
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview – Prediction and Potential line-ups
- Liverpool vs Chelsea Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups
- Has Klopp Struck A Deal For World Cup Winner?
- More Bad News For Liverpool On The Dias & Harvey Front
- Liverpool in December 2022: Key Fixtures & TV Schedule
- Liverpool Players at the 2022 World Cup
- Liverpool Predictions in October 2022: Can the Reds bounce back?
- Liverpool vs Ajax Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Liverpool’s final pre-season week: RB Salzburg, Man City & more
- Liverpool v Man Utd Pre-Season Friendly: Date, Kick-off Time & How to stream