Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp as shared his thoughts under rehabilitation of defender Virgil van Dijk.
The Dutch international shared a video on social media on Thursday highlighting his progress.
Jurgen Klopp has now confirmed that the defender is back running on the pitch but he is unlikely to feature anytime soon.
He also revealed that the likes of Henderson, Matip and Gomez are on the pitch running as well.
Klopp said to the club’s official website: “I don’t have enough English words to describe the same thing more often. Yes, he is running – Hendo is running, Joe is running, Joel is running. That’s all good; imagine they wouldn’t be able to run in the moment? that would be really bad.
“They are running and in rehab it always starts with straight-line running; I’m not sure if you saw Virg running a lot of curves or just straight, so there are a lot of things to come. You go through a lot of steps until you are finally ready to join team training, especially with long-term injuries – there are a lot of steps to go and they are all quite a way from that.
“It means nobody told me, ‘Fasten your seatbelt, make yourself ready, the boys will be in team training next week.’ No, nothing changed really, but they are in a good way.”
The Reds have struggled with a number of defensive injuries this season and it will be interesting to see if the likes of van Dijk can return to their peak form next season and help the Reds challenge for the title once again.
The fans will certainly be happy to see the progress of their star defender.
Liverpool are in danger of missing out on a top-four finish this season and they will need a major slice of luck to overtake the likes of Chelsea and West Ham to secure Champions League qualification this season.
Latest Liverpool News
- Liverpool in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview – Prediction and Potential line-ups
- Liverpool vs Chelsea Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups
- Has Klopp Struck A Deal For World Cup Winner?
- More Bad News For Liverpool On The Dias & Harvey Front
- Liverpool in December 2022: Key Fixtures & TV Schedule
- Liverpool Players at the 2022 World Cup
- Liverpool Predictions in October 2022: Can the Reds bounce back?
- Liverpool vs Ajax Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Liverpool’s final pre-season week: RB Salzburg, Man City & more