Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has reflected on his exchange with Sadio Mane after the Manchester United game.
The Senegalese winger was left on the bench from the start and he was brought on as a substitute in the second half.
Mane seemed disappointed with the decision and he was seen snubbing a handshake from Jurgen Klopp after the full time whistle.
The Liverpool manager has now revealed that he made a really late decision in training which led to Diogo Jota starting ahead of Mane and he did not explain his decision to the Liverpool star properly and therefore he was slightly angry.
Klopp said to the club’s official website: “Yesterday I made a late decision in training, really late, and changed Diogo for Sadio and my players are used to it that I explain that but I didn’t do that yet… and in that moment I remembered it again, so yes, Sadio was obviously slightly angry, but that’s all.”
Liverpool managed to beat Manchester United 4-2 at Old Trafford and it will come as a major boost to their top four hopes. The likes of Roberto Firmino, Diogo Jota and Mohamed Salah scored in a must-win game for the Reds.
It will be interesting to see if Liverpool can build on this and secure a top four finish now.
Latest Liverpool News
- Liverpool’s 2021/2022 key fixtures and predictions
- Gini Wijnaldum vows to reveal the reasons behind Liverpool exit after the Euros
- Liverpool players that will feature in Euro 2020
- Liverpool have reportedly submitted a bid for Lorenzo Pellegrini
- Southampton in talks to sign Takumi Minamino permanently
- John Barnes urges Liverpool to sign Ousmane Dembele instead of Jadon Sancho
- Liverpool prepared to cash in on Marko Grujic
- Trent Alexander-Arnold ruled out of the Euros with a thigh injury
- Adrian closing in on a new deal with Liverpool
- Liverpool Transfer News: Five Major Transfers To Expect This Summer