Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has reflected on his exchange with Sadio Mane after the Manchester United game.
The Senegalese winger was left on the bench from the start and he was brought on as a substitute in the second half.
Mane seemed disappointed with the decision and he was seen snubbing a handshake from Jurgen Klopp after the full time whistle.
The Liverpool manager has now revealed that he made a really late decision in training which led to Diogo Jota starting ahead of Mane and he did not explain his decision to the Liverpool star properly and therefore he was slightly angry.
Klopp said to the club’s official website: “Yesterday I made a late decision in training, really late, and changed Diogo for Sadio and my players are used to it that I explain that but I didn’t do that yet… and in that moment I remembered it again, so yes, Sadio was obviously slightly angry, but that’s all.”
Liverpool managed to beat Manchester United 4-2 at Old Trafford and it will come as a major boost to their top four hopes. The likes of Roberto Firmino, Diogo Jota and Mohamed Salah scored in a must-win game for the Reds.
It will be interesting to see if Liverpool can build on this and secure a top four finish now.
Latest Liverpool News
- Liverpool Players at the 2022 World Cup
- Liverpool Predictions in October 2022: Can the Reds bounce back?
- Liverpool vs Ajax Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Liverpool’s final pre-season week: RB Salzburg, Man City & more
- Liverpool v Man Utd Pre-Season Friendly: Date, Kick-off Time & How to stream
- Fabrizio Romano offers insight into Darwin Nunez’s move to Liverpool
- Liverpool’s 2022/23 Premier League Fixtures Announced – Key Highlights
- Liverpool Transfer News – Sadio Mane leaning towards Bayern Munich move
- Liverpool vs Real Madrid Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool’s Road To FA Cup Final – Quadruple Quest On The Line At Wembley