Liverpool take on Crystal Palace in their final Premier League game of the season and Egyptian winger Mohamed Salah could end the campaign as the top scorer of the Premier League.
The 28 year old Liverpool attacker is currently level with Harry Kane as the top scorer and it will be interesting to see if he can overtake the England international with a goal against Palace this weekend.
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has lavished praise on Salah for his desire and professionalism this season.
He said to the club’s website: “I am not surprised at all, to be honest. I am happy about the fact because it’s easy to see where we would be without Mo’s goals. But it’s for all the other teams the same, without the goals their top scorers or whatever score – the guys with the biggest numbers – it would all look differently, of course. We know the team helps him a lot, but Mo carries a lot as well, I have to say. That’s clear. It’s his desire, it’s his professionalism, it’s his greed as well which helps us completely. And this year is one of his best years without having the best number of all he had. It’s a really top year for him, because for a striker in a team that is not flying constantly, scoring these numbers is absolutely exceptional. That’s what makes him really special.”
The Reds have struggled all season and Klopp believes that Salah has been absolutely exceptional. The Egyptian managed to put up sensational scoring numbers despite his team mates struggling throughout the season and Klopp believes that his consistency makes him really special.
The attacker’s future at Anfield is still up in the air and the Reds are yet to offer him a contract extension.
After a season like this, Liverpool must do everything in their power to keep him at the club for as long as possible and it will be interesting to see if they can sort out his long term future in the summer.
Latest Liverpool News
- Liverpool’s 2021/2022 key fixtures and predictions
- Gini Wijnaldum vows to reveal the reasons behind Liverpool exit after the Euros
- Liverpool players that will feature in Euro 2020
- Liverpool have reportedly submitted a bid for Lorenzo Pellegrini
- Southampton in talks to sign Takumi Minamino permanently
- John Barnes urges Liverpool to sign Ousmane Dembele instead of Jadon Sancho
- Liverpool prepared to cash in on Marko Grujic
- Trent Alexander-Arnold ruled out of the Euros with a thigh injury
- Adrian closing in on a new deal with Liverpool
- Liverpool Transfer News: Five Major Transfers To Expect This Summer