Liverpool will take on Crystal Palace in their final Premier League game of the season and the Reds will be allowed to welcome 10,000 fans back into the stadium.
Manager Jurgen Klopp has now reflected on the news and he revealed that he’s looking forward to welcome the supporters back to Anfield for the season finale.
The Reds need to win the final game of the season in order to secure their place in the top four of the Premier League table and the return of the fans will come as a major boost to them.
It has been a difficult season for Liverpool and the absence of the fans has only added to their challenges.
It will be interesting to see if the Anfield faithful can cheer their side to a win over Palace this weekend.
Liverpool could finish up to third in the Premier League table if they manage to beat Palace and their top four rivals Leicester City and Chelsea drop points in their games.
Jurgen Klopp said to the club’s official website: “I said it millions of times that I loved this game since I can think but it was all about… even in the village I am born and raised and stuff like this, when the first team of the village played at the weekend, 300, 400 people showed up there and we had only 1,200 people living in the village.
“So it means pretty much half of the village were on the football pitch and it was a great atmosphere – and I love that from the first day of my life.
“It makes all the difference. We all need support through life. It means if it is a positive criticism, a boost or a gee-up or whatever, we all need that – playing football especially because it’s a game based on a lot of things but for sure on emotion as well.
“That means we were alone. We knew they are there but we were alone. And getting 10,000 of them back is the best news I can imagine.”
Latest Liverpool News
- Liverpool Set Sights on Jarrod Bowen and West Ham Ace Keen on Moving to Anfield
- Liverpool Prepare Massive Contract Offer for Barcelona wonderkid Gavi
- Liverpool’s January Fixtures Schedule
- Liverpool’s 2021/2022 key fixtures and predictions
- Gini Wijnaldum vows to reveal the reasons behind Liverpool exit after the Euros
- Liverpool players that will feature in Euro 2020
- Liverpool have reportedly submitted a bid for Lorenzo Pellegrini
- Southampton in talks to sign Takumi Minamino permanently
- John Barnes urges Liverpool to sign Ousmane Dembele instead of Jadon Sancho
- Liverpool prepared to cash in on Marko Grujic