Liverpool are currently fighting for a place in the top four and the Reds are sixth in the Premier League table, three points behind fourth-placed West Ham.
Missing out on Champions League football would be a devastating blow for the Merseyside outfit and Jurgen Klopp will be hoping that his players can finish the season strongly and secure Champions League football for the next season.
The Reds are already feeling the effects of the Coronavirus pandemic in terms of revenue drop and they cannot afford to miss out on Champions League money next season.
Liverpool need to improve their squad significantly and the top four finish could be vital to their transfer plans this summer.
The Liverpool manager has now sent out a message to his players.
Klopp has warned beside that the next seven matches should be treated as cup finals and it remains to be seen whether the Reds can win all of their games in hand.
“We just go for it, go and go and go and play our best football,” Klopp said to Sky Sports.
“We are of course under pressure as we want to finish in the top four but we don’t know in the moment if we will. We have seven games to prove that and we will try.”
“We should not forget the opponents we face,” Klopp added. “We won the last three and that’s why we’re still around, still in the fight for the Champions League spots.
“It’s clear we have to win football games. It would be best to win all of them, but they are tough opponents and we have to respect all of them.
“We have to win games and put pressure on teams. That’s all we know and we will try.”
With the likes of Leicester City, West Ham United and Chelsea well placed to secure a top four finish, Liverpool cannot afford anymore slip-ups.
Monday’s contest with Leeds United will be a massive challenge for the Reds and it remains to be seen whether they can overcome Marcelo Bielsa’s pressing machine in a must win game.
Latest Liverpool News
- Liverpool’s 2021/2022 key fixtures and predictions
- Gini Wijnaldum vows to reveal the reasons behind Liverpool exit after the Euros
- Liverpool players that will feature in Euro 2020
- Liverpool have reportedly submitted a bid for Lorenzo Pellegrini
- Southampton in talks to sign Takumi Minamino permanently
- John Barnes urges Liverpool to sign Ousmane Dembele instead of Jadon Sancho
- Liverpool prepared to cash in on Marko Grujic
- Trent Alexander-Arnold ruled out of the Euros with a thigh injury
- Adrian closing in on a new deal with Liverpool
- Liverpool Transfer News: Five Major Transfers To Expect This Summer