RB Leipzig centre-back Ibrahima Konate has been linked with a move to Liverpool in recent months and it seems that the deal is now close to completion.
According to Fabrizio Romano, personal terms have been agreed on a 5-year contract and Liverpool are now prepared to pay the defender’s release clause which is around €35 million.
The Reds need to sign a quality centre back this summer and Konate could prove to be a smart investment for them.
The Frenchman is one of the most talented young defenders around Europe right now and he could be the ideal signing for Jurgen Klopp’s back four.
The Reds have struggled at the back this season due to injuries to Virgil van Dijk, Joe Gomez and Joel Matip.
All three players have been sidelined with long term injuries and it remains to be seen whether they can recapture their peak form at the start of next season.
The Reds cannot afford to take any risks and they must look to bring in two quality centre backs in order to prepare for any adversity.
They must look to sign Ozan Kabak on a permanent deal along with Konate as well.
The 21 year old joined Liverpool on loan from Schalke in January and he has been quite impressive for the Premier League club so far.
Konate and Kabak could definitely solve Liverpool’s defensive issues next season even if there is an injury problem at the back.
Latest Liverpool News
- Liverpool’s 2022/23 Premier League Fixtures Announced – Key Highlights
- Liverpool Transfer News – Sadio Mane leaning towards Bayern Munich move
- Liverpool vs Real Madrid Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool’s Road To FA Cup Final – Quadruple Quest On The Line At Wembley
- Liverpool Week Recap: Champions League Quarter-Final Success Sets FA Cup Action Nicely & Latest Transfer Updates
- Liverpool Transfer News: Possible Salah replacement, Origi out, Rice in?
- Liverpool April 2022 Preview: Fatigue the biggest enemy as Klopp’s men play eight times
- Liverpool vs Inter Milan: Preview – Prediction, line-ups, live streaming
- Andy Robertson Delivers Premier League Title Verdict Ahead of Liverpool clash against Norwich
- How Could Liverpool Line Up in Attack Against Leicester City?