Liverpool have been linked with a move for the RB Leipzig defender Ibrahima Konate for months now and the Reds have finally secured his signing from the German club.
According to a report on the clubs official website, the Premier League side have reached an agreement with RB Leipzig and the 22 year old defender has signed a long term contract with the Reds.
Liverpool were in desperate need of defensive reinforcements and the signing of Konate could prove to be a wise decision.
The 22 year old defender is an exceptional talent with a massive future ahead of him. There is no doubt that he could develop into a world class player with experience and coaching.
A manager like Jurgen Klopp could help him improve as a player and unlock his potential over the coming seasons. The Liverpool manager has improved several defenders like Trent Alexander-Arnold, Andy Robertson and Joe Gomez during his time at Anfield and he could have a similar impact on Konate next season.
Speaking to the club’s website after his move, The Frenchman said: “I’m really happy to be joining such a massive club like Liverpool.
“It’s a really exciting moment for me and my family and I am really looking forward to meeting my new teammates, the staff and getting started on this new chapter.
“Right now, my focus is on the U21 European Championships with France, but after this competition I know I will be joining one of the best teams in the world and that gives me a great feeling.
“I have worked very hard for many years to get to this point, but I would like to say a big thank you to everyone at RB Leipzig and all the people I worked with there – the coaches, my teammates, the staff and especially the fans.
“Your support helped me grow up during my time there and become not only a better player, but a better man and I will always be grateful for it.”
Latest Liverpool News
- Liverpool’s six games that could see them top the Premier League table in January
- Liverpool players in the international break
- Preview: Liverpool vs Everton – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Anfield is one of the Premier League’s most accessible stadiums
- What are Liverpool’s chances of winning the Europa League?
- Liverpool new signing Alexis Mac Allister gets red card on Anfield debut against Bournemouth
- Liverpool in July: Four pre-season fixtures as Klopp aims for a huge comeback next season
- Mo Salah on target to reach 200+ goals for Liverpool next season
- Salah could break Thierry Henry’s record by scoring one goal in Liverpool’s next two games
- Preview: Liverpool vs Aston Villa – prediction, team news, line-up