Liverpool are thought to be looking at their former striker Luis Suarez as a potential replacement for Mohamed Salah.
According to Cuatro, the Reds could look to sign the Uruguayan international if the Egyptian decides to move on this summer.
Suarez has been outstanding for Atletico Madrid this season but he is 34 and replacing Salah with him could prove to be a mistake.
There is no doubt that the former Liverpool striker is a world class player on his day but he is on the decline and he won’t get any better. Furthermore, he wouldn’t be a long-term option either.
Liverpool must look to sign quality young players this summer with world class potential.
Salah has been one of the best players in the Premier League over the last four seasons and Liverpool are unlikely to let him leave anytime soon.
Jurgen Klopp must look to rebuild his attack around the Egyptian and keeping him at the club should be their top priority.
The likes of Sadio Mane and Roberto Firmino have regressed this season and if the Reds need to cash in on someone to raise funds, it shouldn’t be Salah.
Despite Liverpool’s struggles this season, the Egyptian has managed to score 28 goals in all competitions and signing Suarez to replace him would be a massive downgrade.
Latest Liverpool News
- Liverpool’s 2021/2022 key fixtures and predictions
- Gini Wijnaldum vows to reveal the reasons behind Liverpool exit after the Euros
- Liverpool players that will feature in Euro 2020
- Liverpool have reportedly submitted a bid for Lorenzo Pellegrini
- Southampton in talks to sign Takumi Minamino permanently
- John Barnes urges Liverpool to sign Ousmane Dembele instead of Jadon Sancho
- Liverpool prepared to cash in on Marko Grujic
- Trent Alexander-Arnold ruled out of the Euros with a thigh injury
- Adrian closing in on a new deal with Liverpool
- Liverpool Transfer News: Five Major Transfers To Expect This Summer