Liverpool will take on Manchester United in their next Premier League game this weekend and the likes of Xherdan Shaqiri and Nathaniel Phillips missed the Reds’ latest training session with injuries.
The Reds have been plagued with injury problems this season especially at the back.
The likes of Virgil van Dijk, Joe Gomez and Joel Matip have all been ruled out with season-ending injuries and Jurgen Klopp has had to field his midfielders as makeshift defenders throughout the season.
The absence of Nat Phillips is likely to force the German manager to use Fabinho as a centre back this weekend.
The Brazilian is a key player for Liverpool and his role in their midfield has been instrumental to their success over the last couple of seasons.
Moving Fabinho into the centre back position weakens the Liverpool midfield and Manchester United will be looking to make the most of the opportunity.
The Reds do not have any other holding midfielders at their disposal and it will be interesting to see how they perform against an impressive Manchester United side this weekend.
Liverpool are already playing catch up in terms of the top four race and a defeat against United would shatter their Champions League dreams.
Meanwhile defender Joel Matip is back in light training but he is unlikely to feature again this season.
Latest Liverpool News
- Liverpool in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview – Prediction and Potential line-ups
- Liverpool vs Chelsea Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups
- Has Klopp Struck A Deal For World Cup Winner?
- More Bad News For Liverpool On The Dias & Harvey Front
- Liverpool in December 2022: Key Fixtures & TV Schedule
- Liverpool Players at the 2022 World Cup
- Liverpool Predictions in October 2022: Can the Reds bounce back?
- Liverpool vs Ajax Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Liverpool’s final pre-season week: RB Salzburg, Man City & more