Liverpool have been linked with a move for the Roma midfielder Lorenzo Pellegrini.
The Reds lost Gini Wijnaldum to a free transfer this summer and they will have to bring in a quality replacement.
Pellegrini has had an impressive season with Roma and he chipped in with eleven goals and nine assists.
According to Corriere dello Sport (Liverpool Echo), the Reds have submitted a bid of around £25.8 million to sign the Italian.
It will be interesting to see if the Italian outfit are willing to sanction the departure of the 24 year old in the coming weeks.
The Reds could definitely use someone who will add goals and assists to the midfield and Pellegrini seems like an ideal fit.
The midfielder has a contract with Roma until the summer of 2022 and the Italian club will be under pressure to sell him this summer.
Roma will not want to lose a player of his calibre on a free transfer next year and Pellegrini is yet to agree on a contract extension with them. The reported bid seems quite reasonable for a player who is in the final year of his contract as well.
It would be surprising if Roma decided to turn down the offer.
It will be interesting to see how the midfielder’s situation develops over the next few weeks but there is no doubt that he has the ability to succeed in the Premier League and Liverpool could certainly use someone like him next season.
Latest Liverpool News
- Gini Wijnaldum vows to reveal the reasons behind Liverpool exit after the Euros
- Liverpool players that will feature in Euro 2020
- Liverpool have reportedly submitted a bid for Lorenzo Pellegrini
- Southampton in talks to sign Takumi Minamino permanently
- John Barnes urges Liverpool to sign Ousmane Dembele instead of Jadon Sancho
- Liverpool prepared to cash in on Marko Grujic
- Trent Alexander-Arnold ruled out of the Euros with a thigh injury
- Adrian closing in on a new deal with Liverpool
- Liverpool Transfer News: Five Major Transfers To Expect This Summer
- Liverpool preparing for a massive clear-out this summer