Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson has been sidelined for up to eight weeks following surgery on his groin injury.
Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson has undergone surgery on a groin injury and is likely to be sidelined for six to eight weeks.
— paul joyce (@_pauljoyce) February 26, 2021
The midfielder picked up the injury against Everton and the news will come as a huge blow to Jurgen Klopp and the fans.
The Reds have been plagued with injury problems this season. They have already lost three of their first-choice centre backs to season-ending injuries and Klopp has had to field the likes of Henderson and Fabinho as his defenders.
Fabinho is currently recovering from his injury and now Henderson has been ruled out for a couple of months.
The Reds are currently sixth in the Premier League table, five points adrift of the top four and in danger of missing out on European qualification.
Liverpool will now have to face RB Leipzig in the second leg of the Champions League round of 16 without their captain.
Although they have Diogo Jota coming back from injury, Henderson’s leadership and versatility will be a massive miss for the reigning Premier League champions.
Henderson has played multiple roles for his side this season and his absence is sure to be felt.
Some Liverpool fans have taken to Twitter to share their thoughts on the news and here is what they had to say.
thought it would be worse ngl
— Luke 🇮🇪 (@LFC_Luke1) February 26, 2021
Wow surgeries for muscular injuries are very unusual, let's hope he comes back well
— Fernando Sanchez (@Soulkraven) February 26, 2021
just null and void the season.
for the love of god.
— johnny1248 (BLM, ACAB) (@StateOfReds13) February 26, 2021
😢 this season has gone from bad to worse but I still believe we can finish in the top 4.
— Chris (@Redlegend68) February 26, 2021
Weekend in ruins and its 9am on Friday.
— Andy Lane (@andy_lane) February 26, 2021
Meanwhile, Liverpool goalkeeper Alisson Becker lost his father to a diving accident earlier this week.
Latest Liverpool News
- Gini Wijnaldum vows to reveal the reasons behind Liverpool exit after the Euros
- Liverpool players that will feature in Euro 2020
- Liverpool have reportedly submitted a bid for Lorenzo Pellegrini
- Southampton in talks to sign Takumi Minamino permanently
- John Barnes urges Liverpool to sign Ousmane Dembele instead of Jadon Sancho
- Liverpool prepared to cash in on Marko Grujic
- Trent Alexander-Arnold ruled out of the Euros with a thigh injury
- Adrian closing in on a new deal with Liverpool
- Liverpool Transfer News: Five Major Transfers To Expect This Summer
- Liverpool preparing for a massive clear-out this summer