Liverpool are interested in signing the RB Leipzig defenders Dayot Upamecano and Ibrahima Konate.
According to Christian Falk, Liverpool have contacted the representatives of Upamecano along with Bayern Munich and Chelsea.
— Christian Falk (@cfbayern) January 15, 2021
The 22-year-old French defender is highly rated around Europe and it is hardly a surprise that the top European clubs are vying for his services.
According to the Guardian, the German outfit will not sell the 22-year-old this month but his suitors will be able to activate his £37.4 million release clause in the summer.
Konate has also done an impressive job at Leipzig. The 21-year-old Frenchman is outstanding in the air and his style of play is perhaps more suited to Liverpool than his teammate.
It remains to be seen whether Liverpool decide to follow up on their interest with a concrete offer for the Bundesliga duo in the coming months.
SL View: Planning for the future
The likes of Virgil van Dijk and Joe Gomez are sidelined with long term injuries but it’s highly unlikely that Liverpool will bring in a defender this month.
Both players have picked up serious injuries and it remains to be seen whether they can get back to their best when they recover fully.
Joel Matip has been quite injury prone since his move to Anfield and Liverpool must look to plan for the future now. Bringing in the Bundesliga duo would be ideal in the long run.
Latest Liverpool News
- Liverpool’s 2022/23 Premier League Fixtures Announced – Key Highlights
- Liverpool Transfer News – Sadio Mane leaning towards Bayern Munich move
- Liverpool vs Real Madrid Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool’s Road To FA Cup Final – Quadruple Quest On The Line At Wembley
- Liverpool Week Recap: Champions League Quarter-Final Success Sets FA Cup Action Nicely & Latest Transfer Updates
- Liverpool Transfer News: Possible Salah replacement, Origi out, Rice in?
- Liverpool April 2022 Preview: Fatigue the biggest enemy as Klopp’s men play eight times
- Liverpool vs Inter Milan: Preview – Prediction, line-ups, live streaming
- Andy Robertson Delivers Premier League Title Verdict Ahead of Liverpool clash against Norwich
- How Could Liverpool Line Up in Attack Against Leicester City?