Liverpool are interested in signing Leeds United winger Raphinha this summer.
According to Gianluigi Longari, Premier League side Manchester United are also keen on the Brazilian.
— Gianluigi Longari (@Glongari) February 24, 2021
The 24-year-old has made quite an impact in the Premier League since his move to Leeds, and it is hardly a surprise that the top clubs are looking to snap him up.
The right-sided winger has five goals and five assists to his name in the Premier League this season.
SL View: Much needed competition for the front three?
The Reds needs to improve their attacking options in the summer, especially with the way Roberto Firmino and Sadio Mane have performed this term.
Liverpool need more competition up front, and Raphinha’s playing style would help him fit into Jurgen Klopp’s system with ease.
Apart from his goalscoring and creative abilities, Raphinha is a hard-working player who is well suited to the pressing game.
He is also an excellent dribbler, and the Reds need someone like that to help them break down deep defences.
The Leeds star has his peak years ahead of him and he could prove to be a tremendous addition in the long run.
The likes of Mohamed Salah joined Liverpool with similar potential, and he has developed into a world-class player under Klopp’s management. Raphinha could follow a similar path in his career if he joins the Reds.
United are also in need of a right-sided winger, and they were heavily linked with Jadon Sancho at the start of the season.
Raphinha would be a cheaper alternative, and there is no doubt that he has the quality to improve their attack.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has had to use Daniel James and Mason Greenwood in the right wide position this season, and Raphinha would be an upgrade on them.
Latest Liverpool News
- Liverpool’s 2021/2022 key fixtures and predictions
- Gini Wijnaldum vows to reveal the reasons behind Liverpool exit after the Euros
- Liverpool players that will feature in Euro 2020
- Liverpool have reportedly submitted a bid for Lorenzo Pellegrini
- Southampton in talks to sign Takumi Minamino permanently
- John Barnes urges Liverpool to sign Ousmane Dembele instead of Jadon Sancho
- Liverpool prepared to cash in on Marko Grujic
- Trent Alexander-Arnold ruled out of the Euros with a thigh injury
- Adrian closing in on a new deal with Liverpool
- Liverpool Transfer News: Five Major Transfers To Expect This Summer