Liverpool midfielder Gini Wijnaldum is expected to leave the Merseyside club at the end of the season when his contract expires.
According to the Telegraph, the Premier League side have now identified a potential replacement for the Dutch international.
Apparently Liverpool are looking at the Brighton midfielder Yves Bissouma.
Arsenal are keen on signing the highly-rated defensive midfielder as well and it will be interesting to see if the Reds can fend off the competition and secure his services.
Bissouma has done well in the Premier League this season and he seems ready for a step up in his career. A move to Liverpool would certainly be a tempting proposition for him and it remains to be seen whether the Reds can agree on a fee with the Seagulls now.
The 24-year-old Brighton star can play as a central midfielder as well as a defensive midfielder. His arrival will help Liverpool tighten up at the back.
The Reds have been vulnerable in the midfield at times this season because of Fabinho operating in the centre back position and Bissouma could sort out that problem next season.
According to the Athletic, Brighton value the midfielder at over £40 million and it remains to be seen whether Liverpool are prepared to spend that kind of money on the 24-year-old.
Latest Liverpool News
- Liverpool Players at the 2022 World Cup
- Liverpool Predictions in October 2022: Can the Reds bounce back?
- Liverpool vs Ajax Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Liverpool’s final pre-season week: RB Salzburg, Man City & more
- Liverpool v Man Utd Pre-Season Friendly: Date, Kick-off Time & How to stream
- Fabrizio Romano offers insight into Darwin Nunez’s move to Liverpool
- Liverpool’s 2022/23 Premier League Fixtures Announced – Key Highlights
- Liverpool Transfer News – Sadio Mane leaning towards Bayern Munich move
- Liverpool vs Real Madrid Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool’s Road To FA Cup Final – Quadruple Quest On The Line At Wembley