Liverpool midfielder Gini Wijnaldum is expected to leave the Merseyside club at the end of the season when his contract expires.
According to the Telegraph, the Premier League side have now identified a potential replacement for the Dutch international.
Apparently Liverpool are looking at the Brighton midfielder Yves Bissouma.
Arsenal are keen on signing the highly-rated defensive midfielder as well and it will be interesting to see if the Reds can fend off the competition and secure his services.
Bissouma has done well in the Premier League this season and he seems ready for a step up in his career. A move to Liverpool would certainly be a tempting proposition for him and it remains to be seen whether the Reds can agree on a fee with the Seagulls now.
The 24-year-old Brighton star can play as a central midfielder as well as a defensive midfielder. His arrival will help Liverpool tighten up at the back.
The Reds have been vulnerable in the midfield at times this season because of Fabinho operating in the centre back position and Bissouma could sort out that problem next season.
According to the Athletic, Brighton value the midfielder at over £40 million and it remains to be seen whether Liverpool are prepared to spend that kind of money on the 24-year-old.
Latest Liverpool News
- Liverpool’s six games that could see them top the Premier League table in January
- Liverpool players in the international break
- Preview: Liverpool vs Everton – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Anfield is one of the Premier League’s most accessible stadiums
- What are Liverpool’s chances of winning the Europa League?
- Liverpool new signing Alexis Mac Allister gets red card on Anfield debut against Bournemouth
- Liverpool in July: Four pre-season fixtures as Klopp aims for a huge comeback next season
- Mo Salah on target to reach 200+ goals for Liverpool next season
- Salah could break Thierry Henry’s record by scoring one goal in Liverpool’s next two games
- Preview: Liverpool vs Aston Villa – prediction, team news, line-up