Liverpool have been linked with a move for the Udinese midfielder Rodrigo de Paul for the second time this month.
The Italian publication claims that the 26-year-old Argentine is a target for Jürgen Klopp.
The central midfielder has done quite well in the Italian League over the past year and he could prove to be a quality addition to the Liverpool midfield.
As per the report, a fee of more than €40 million could be required to lure the midfielder away from Udinese at the end of this season.
SL View: Replacement for Naby Keita?
The Reds could definitely use some extra creativity in the middle of the park.
Liverpool midfielder Naby Keita’s time at Anfield has been plagued with injuries. He was brought in to add more creativity to the Liverpool midfield but the Guinean has failed to live up to expectations so far.
Keita has missed 35 games for Liverpool since the start of the 2018/19 season.
The Udinese midfielder could be a good alternative. De Paul is an excellent dribbler and he is quite effective with his shooting from the long-range and set pieces.
The 26-year-old could also be viewed as a replacement Gini Wijnaldum, although the Dutchman has a different skill set to that of de Paul.
Wijnaldum been linked with a move away from Anfield once his contract with the club expires at the end of the season.
The 26-year-old Argentine midfielder was heavily linked with a move to Leeds United earlier this season but the Whites did not meet Udinese’s asking price.
De Paul has three goals and an assist to his name so far in Serie A and he has delivered four man of the match performances in that time.
Latest Liverpool News
- What are Liverpool’s chances of winning the Europa League?
- Liverpool new signing Alexis Mac Allister gets red card on Anfield debut against Bournemouth
- Liverpool in July: Four pre-season fixtures as Klopp aims for a huge comeback next season
- Mo Salah on target to reach 200+ goals for Liverpool next season
- Salah could break Thierry Henry’s record by scoring one goal in Liverpool’s next two games
- Preview: Liverpool vs Aston Villa – prediction, team news, line-up
- Liverpool in May: Can Klopp’s team get 15 points to lay down a marker for next season?
- Preview: Leeds United vs Liverpool – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Three Players Liverpool Must Sign After Jude Bellingham Blow
- Liverpool in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures