Liverpool have been linked with a move for the Udinese midfielder Rodrigo de Paul for the second time this month.
The Italian publication claims that the 26-year-old Argentine is a target for Jürgen Klopp.
The central midfielder has done quite well in the Italian League over the past year and he could prove to be a quality addition to the Liverpool midfield.
As per the report, a fee of more than €40 million could be required to lure the midfielder away from Udinese at the end of this season.
SL View: Replacement for Naby Keita?
The Reds could definitely use some extra creativity in the middle of the park.
Liverpool midfielder Naby Keita’s time at Anfield has been plagued with injuries. He was brought in to add more creativity to the Liverpool midfield but the Guinean has failed to live up to expectations so far.
Keita has missed 35 games for Liverpool since the start of the 2018/19 season.
The Udinese midfielder could be a good alternative. De Paul is an excellent dribbler and he is quite effective with his shooting from the long-range and set pieces.
The 26-year-old could also be viewed as a replacement Gini Wijnaldum, although the Dutchman has a different skill set to that of de Paul.
Wijnaldum been linked with a move away from Anfield once his contract with the club expires at the end of the season.
The 26-year-old Argentine midfielder was heavily linked with a move to Leeds United earlier this season but the Whites did not meet Udinese’s asking price.
De Paul has three goals and an assist to his name so far in Serie A and he has delivered four man of the match performances in that time.
Latest Liverpool News
- Liverpool’s 2022/23 Premier League Fixtures Announced – Key Highlights
- Liverpool Transfer News – Sadio Mane leaning towards Bayern Munich move
- Liverpool vs Real Madrid Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool’s Road To FA Cup Final – Quadruple Quest On The Line At Wembley
- Liverpool Week Recap: Champions League Quarter-Final Success Sets FA Cup Action Nicely & Latest Transfer Updates
- Liverpool Transfer News: Possible Salah replacement, Origi out, Rice in?
- Liverpool April 2022 Preview: Fatigue the biggest enemy as Klopp’s men play eight times
- Liverpool vs Inter Milan: Preview – Prediction, line-ups, live streaming
- Andy Robertson Delivers Premier League Title Verdict Ahead of Liverpool clash against Norwich
- How Could Liverpool Line Up in Attack Against Leicester City?