Liverpool have had to go through a defensive injury crisis this season and they have lost the likes of Virgil van Dijk, Joel Matip and Joe Gomez to long term injuries.
Jurgen Klopp has had to rely on young defenders like Nat Phillips and Rhys Williams for months now.
Both defenders have done reasonably well when called upon and Phillips in particular has been quite impressive.
According to ESPN, the Reds are now willing to listen to offers for the 24 year old centre back this summer.
Furthermore Rhys Williams is expected to leave the club on loan as well.
Both players will have to play regularly to continue the development and they are unlikely to get the required opportunities at Liverpool next season.
The experienced centre backs are set to return from their injury and Liverpool are likely to sign Ibrahima Konate from RB Leipzig.
It will be interesting to see where Phillips ends up in the summer. He has certainly proven that he is capable of playing at the Premier League level and he could prove to be a solid addition for a mid-table club.
Furthermore, his sale would allow Liverpool to invest in their own squad as well. The Reds will need quality reinforcements to challenge Manchester City for the title once again.
Latest Liverpool News
- Gini Wijnaldum vows to reveal the reasons behind Liverpool exit after the Euros
- Liverpool players that will feature in Euro 2020
- Liverpool have reportedly submitted a bid for Lorenzo Pellegrini
- Southampton in talks to sign Takumi Minamino permanently
- John Barnes urges Liverpool to sign Ousmane Dembele instead of Jadon Sancho
- Liverpool prepared to cash in on Marko Grujic
- Trent Alexander-Arnold ruled out of the Euros with a thigh injury
- Adrian closing in on a new deal with Liverpool
- Liverpool Transfer News: Five Major Transfers To Expect This Summer
- Liverpool preparing for a massive clear-out this summer