Liverpool have had to go through a defensive injury crisis this season and they have lost the likes of Virgil van Dijk, Joel Matip and Joe Gomez to long term injuries.
Jurgen Klopp has had to rely on young defenders like Nat Phillips and Rhys Williams for months now.
Both defenders have done reasonably well when called upon and Phillips in particular has been quite impressive.
According to ESPN, the Reds are now willing to listen to offers for the 24 year old centre back this summer.
Furthermore Rhys Williams is expected to leave the club on loan as well.
Both players will have to play regularly to continue the development and they are unlikely to get the required opportunities at Liverpool next season.
The experienced centre backs are set to return from their injury and Liverpool are likely to sign Ibrahima Konate from RB Leipzig.
It will be interesting to see where Phillips ends up in the summer. He has certainly proven that he is capable of playing at the Premier League level and he could prove to be a solid addition for a mid-table club.
Furthermore, his sale would allow Liverpool to invest in their own squad as well. The Reds will need quality reinforcements to challenge Manchester City for the title once again.
Latest Liverpool News
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview – Prediction and Potential line-ups
- Liverpool vs Chelsea Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups
- Has Klopp Struck A Deal For World Cup Winner?
- More Bad News For Liverpool On The Dias & Harvey Front
- Liverpool in December 2022: Key Fixtures & TV Schedule
- Liverpool Players at the 2022 World Cup
- Liverpool Predictions in October 2022: Can the Reds bounce back?
- Liverpool vs Ajax Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Liverpool’s final pre-season week: RB Salzburg, Man City & more
- Liverpool v Man Utd Pre-Season Friendly: Date, Kick-off Time & How to stream