Liverpool signed the Turkish defender Ozan Kabak on loan from Schalke a during the January transfer window and the youngster has proven to be a useful option for Jurgen Klopp’s side.
According to reports, the Reds are impressed with the 21-year-old defender’s performances so far and they are ready to trigger the option to make his move to Anfield permanent.
According to 90min, Liverpool have already paid a loan fee of around £1.5 million for the defender and they can sign the player permanently for an extra £18 million.
The report claims that Liverpool intend to trigger the option at the end of this season.
The 21 year old has already shown that he is immensely talented and he has a big future ahead of him.
A pre-season with Liverpool and working with a world-class manager like Jurgen Klopp could help him improve even further next season.
His parent club Schalke are on the decline and therefore a return to Germany wouldn’t be the best option for Kabak right now. It will be interesting to see if the two parties can finalise the transfer in the coming weeks.
Jurgen Klopp has helped young defenders like Trent Alexander-Arnold, Andy Robertson and Joe Gomez improve since taking over at Liverpool and he could have a similar impact on Kabak’s game as well.
If Kabak manages to fulfill his potential at Anfield, the reported fee would look like a bargain. The Turkish defender is regarded as one of the finest young centre backs in Europe and his performance against Real Madrid during the midweek showed exactly why he is rated so highly.
Latest Liverpool News
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview – Prediction and Potential line-ups
- Liverpool vs Chelsea Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups
- Has Klopp Struck A Deal For World Cup Winner?
- More Bad News For Liverpool On The Dias & Harvey Front
- Liverpool in December 2022: Key Fixtures & TV Schedule
- Liverpool Players at the 2022 World Cup
- Liverpool Predictions in October 2022: Can the Reds bounce back?
- Liverpool vs Ajax Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Liverpool’s final pre-season week: RB Salzburg, Man City & more
- Liverpool v Man Utd Pre-Season Friendly: Date, Kick-off Time & How to stream