Liverpool are looking to sign a quality backup goalkeeper this summer and they are set to submit an offer for the Trabzonspor star Uğurcan Çakır.
The Turkish goalkeeper is valued at around €20-25 million and the Reds are preparing to submit an official offer in the coming weeks as per Fanatik.
Adrian has been a massive disappointment since his move from West Ham and it is understandable why Jurgen Klopp wants to sign a better backup goalkeeper to Alisson.
Alisson has had niggling injury issues this season and therefore Adrian has had to fill in more than usual. The Spaniard has made quite a few errors this season and Çakır would certainly be an upgrade on him.
Furthermore, a player of his ability will push Allison for the starting berth and it could help both players improve.
It will be interesting to see if the Reds can agree on a fee with the Turkish outfit over the coming weeks.
The chance to move to the Premier League can be highly tempting and the Turkish goalkeeper will probably be hoping to secure his move to Liverpool this summer.
Latest Liverpool News
- Liverpool’s six games that could see them top the Premier League table in January
- Liverpool players in the international break
- Preview: Liverpool vs Everton – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Anfield is one of the Premier League’s most accessible stadiums
- What are Liverpool’s chances of winning the Europa League?
- Liverpool new signing Alexis Mac Allister gets red card on Anfield debut against Bournemouth
- Liverpool in July: Four pre-season fixtures as Klopp aims for a huge comeback next season
- Mo Salah on target to reach 200+ goals for Liverpool next season
- Salah could break Thierry Henry’s record by scoring one goal in Liverpool’s next two games
- Preview: Liverpool vs Aston Villa – prediction, team news, line-up