Liverpool have apparently decided to sign the 17 year old Ghanaian wonderkid Abdul Issahaku this summer.
According to African journalist Saddick Adams, The Reds will loan him out to Portuguese champions Sporting Lisbon once the transfer is complete.
The 17 year old is highly rated across Africa and he has massive potential. He needs to play regularly at this stage of his career and a loan move to Sporting could prove to be ideal for him.
Furthermore, there are work permit issues and the player’s loan spell at Sporting Lisbon could help him secure the necessary documentation to move to Liverpool next season.
The player was close to signing for Bayer Leverkusen last week but Liverpool have swept in at the last moment to hijack the move.
As per the report from Adams, the Reds will pay a fee of around £1.5 million for the youngster and he will sign a five year contract for the Premier League giants.
The youngster was voted as the Most Valuable Player during last season’s under-20 AFCON and it will be interesting to see if Liverpool can help him achieve his potential at Anfield in the coming seasons.
Latest Liverpool News
- FA Cup preview: Liverpool vs Southampton – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- FA Cup: Liverpool predicted line-up vs Arsenal
- Liverpool’s six games that could see them top the Premier League table in January
- Liverpool players in the international break
- Preview: Liverpool vs Everton – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Anfield is one of the Premier League’s most accessible stadiums
- What are Liverpool’s chances of winning the Europa League?
- Liverpool new signing Alexis Mac Allister gets red card on Anfield debut against Bournemouth
- Liverpool in July: Four pre-season fixtures as Klopp aims for a huge comeback next season
- Mo Salah on target to reach 200+ goals for Liverpool next season