Liverpool have apparently decided to sign the 17 year old Ghanaian wonderkid Abdul Issahaku this summer.
According to African journalist Saddick Adams, The Reds will loan him out to Portuguese champions Sporting Lisbon once the transfer is complete.
The 17 year old is highly rated across Africa and he has massive potential. He needs to play regularly at this stage of his career and a loan move to Sporting could prove to be ideal for him.
Furthermore, there are work permit issues and the player’s loan spell at Sporting Lisbon could help him secure the necessary documentation to move to Liverpool next season.
The player was close to signing for Bayer Leverkusen last week but Liverpool have swept in at the last moment to hijack the move.
As per the report from Adams, the Reds will pay a fee of around £1.5 million for the youngster and he will sign a five year contract for the Premier League giants.
The youngster was voted as the Most Valuable Player during last season’s under-20 AFCON and it will be interesting to see if Liverpool can help him achieve his potential at Anfield in the coming seasons.
Latest Liverpool News
- Liverpool’s 2022/23 Premier League Fixtures Announced – Key Highlights
- Liverpool Transfer News – Sadio Mane leaning towards Bayern Munich move
- Liverpool vs Real Madrid Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool’s Road To FA Cup Final – Quadruple Quest On The Line At Wembley
- Liverpool Week Recap: Champions League Quarter-Final Success Sets FA Cup Action Nicely & Latest Transfer Updates
- Liverpool Transfer News: Possible Salah replacement, Origi out, Rice in?
- Liverpool April 2022 Preview: Fatigue the biggest enemy as Klopp’s men play eight times
- Liverpool vs Inter Milan: Preview – Prediction, line-ups, live streaming
- Andy Robertson Delivers Premier League Title Verdict Ahead of Liverpool clash against Norwich
- How Could Liverpool Line Up in Attack Against Leicester City?