Red Bull Salzburg striker Patson Daka has been linked with a move to Liverpool in recent months and the player is believed to be open to a new challenge.
His agent’s revelation is likely to alert his suitors and it will be interesting to see if Liverpool submit an offer for him in the coming months.
The Reds are in desperate need of a quality goalscorer and Daka has been in sensational form this season.
The 22 year old has contributed to over 40 goals for Salzburg this season and he could be available for a fee of around £17 million. The reported fee could prove to be a major bargain for a player of his talent.
The likes of Roberto Firmino have been mediocre form for over a year now and Daka could be the ideal replacement.
The player has been linked with Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United and Arsenal in recent weeks and it will be interesting to see whether the Reds can fend off the competition for his services.
The player’s agent has recently claimed that Daka is developing on a daily basis and it is time for a new challenge at the end of the season.
“I think it’s time for a new challenge at the end of the season,” the player’s agent Kanoute told Sky Sport Austria.
“He really got started this season. He is developing almost daily.”
Latest Liverpool News
- Liverpool’s six games that could see them top the Premier League table in January
- Liverpool players in the international break
- Preview: Liverpool vs Everton – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Anfield is one of the Premier League’s most accessible stadiums
- What are Liverpool’s chances of winning the Europa League?
- Liverpool new signing Alexis Mac Allister gets red card on Anfield debut against Bournemouth
- Liverpool in July: Four pre-season fixtures as Klopp aims for a huge comeback next season
- Mo Salah on target to reach 200+ goals for Liverpool next season
- Salah could break Thierry Henry’s record by scoring one goal in Liverpool’s next two games
- Preview: Liverpool vs Aston Villa – prediction, team news, line-up