Liverpool have been linked with a move for the Borussia Dortmund striker Erling Haaland in recent months.
According to Football Insider, the Reds are now trailing the likes of Manchester City and Chelsea in the race to sign the Norwegian striker.
The defending Premier League champions recently met with the striker’s father and his agent Mino Raiola.
The 20-year-old has established himself as one of the best goal scorers on the planet right now and it is no surprise that he’s being linked to the top Premier League clubs. Haaland has 37 goals and eleven assists to his name this season.
However, it would be quite surprising if the Reds made a move to sign the Dortmund star this summer given their financial problems and the likelihood of missing out on Champions League qualification.
A player of Haaland’s quality is likely to demand Champions League football before joining a club and the Reds might not be able to provide him with that platform next season.
Furthermore Dortmund are under no pressure to sell the striker and they are likely to demand an absurd sum of money for his services.
It will be interesting to see if the likes of City and Chelsea can secure his services this summer.
The two clubs certainly have the resources to pull off a mega-money transfer despite the financial effects of the pandemic.
Latest Liverpool News
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview – Prediction and Potential line-ups
- Liverpool vs Chelsea Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups
- Has Klopp Struck A Deal For World Cup Winner?
- More Bad News For Liverpool On The Dias & Harvey Front
- Liverpool in December 2022: Key Fixtures & TV Schedule
- Liverpool Players at the 2022 World Cup
- Liverpool Predictions in October 2022: Can the Reds bounce back?
- Liverpool vs Ajax Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Liverpool’s final pre-season week: RB Salzburg, Man City & more
- Liverpool v Man Utd Pre-Season Friendly: Date, Kick-off Time & How to stream