Liverpool have been linked with a move for the Borussia Dortmund striker Erling Haaland in recent months.
According to Football Insider, the Reds are now trailing the likes of Manchester City and Chelsea in the race to sign the Norwegian striker.
The defending Premier League champions recently met with the striker’s father and his agent Mino Raiola.
The 20-year-old has established himself as one of the best goal scorers on the planet right now and it is no surprise that he’s being linked to the top Premier League clubs. Haaland has 37 goals and eleven assists to his name this season.
However, it would be quite surprising if the Reds made a move to sign the Dortmund star this summer given their financial problems and the likelihood of missing out on Champions League qualification.
A player of Haaland’s quality is likely to demand Champions League football before joining a club and the Reds might not be able to provide him with that platform next season.
Furthermore Dortmund are under no pressure to sell the striker and they are likely to demand an absurd sum of money for his services.
It will be interesting to see if the likes of City and Chelsea can secure his services this summer.
The two clubs certainly have the resources to pull off a mega-money transfer despite the financial effects of the pandemic.
Latest Liverpool News
- Liverpool Players at the 2022 World Cup
- Liverpool Predictions in October 2022: Can the Reds bounce back?
- Liverpool vs Ajax Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Liverpool’s final pre-season week: RB Salzburg, Man City & more
- Liverpool v Man Utd Pre-Season Friendly: Date, Kick-off Time & How to stream
- Fabrizio Romano offers insight into Darwin Nunez’s move to Liverpool
- Liverpool’s 2022/23 Premier League Fixtures Announced – Key Highlights
- Liverpool Transfer News – Sadio Mane leaning towards Bayern Munich move
- Liverpool vs Real Madrid Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool’s Road To FA Cup Final – Quadruple Quest On The Line At Wembley