Liverpool have been linked with a move for the Borussia Dortmund striker Erling Haaland in recent months.
According to Football Insider, the Reds are now trailing the likes of Manchester City and Chelsea in the race to sign the Norwegian striker.
The defending Premier League champions recently met with the striker’s father and his agent Mino Raiola.
The 20-year-old has established himself as one of the best goal scorers on the planet right now and it is no surprise that he’s being linked to the top Premier League clubs. Haaland has 37 goals and eleven assists to his name this season.
However, it would be quite surprising if the Reds made a move to sign the Dortmund star this summer given their financial problems and the likelihood of missing out on Champions League qualification.
A player of Haaland’s quality is likely to demand Champions League football before joining a club and the Reds might not be able to provide him with that platform next season.
Furthermore Dortmund are under no pressure to sell the striker and they are likely to demand an absurd sum of money for his services.
It will be interesting to see if the likes of City and Chelsea can secure his services this summer.
The two clubs certainly have the resources to pull off a mega-money transfer despite the financial effects of the pandemic.
Latest Liverpool News
- Liverpool’s 2021/2022 key fixtures and predictions
- Gini Wijnaldum vows to reveal the reasons behind Liverpool exit after the Euros
- Liverpool players that will feature in Euro 2020
- Liverpool have reportedly submitted a bid for Lorenzo Pellegrini
- Southampton in talks to sign Takumi Minamino permanently
- John Barnes urges Liverpool to sign Ousmane Dembele instead of Jadon Sancho
- Liverpool prepared to cash in on Marko Grujic
- Trent Alexander-Arnold ruled out of the Euros with a thigh injury
- Adrian closing in on a new deal with Liverpool
- Liverpool Transfer News: Five Major Transfers To Expect This Summer