Premier League champions Liverpool have not been at their best this season but they’re still on top of the Premier League table right now after 15 matches.
The January transfer window will provide Jurgen Klopp with the opportunity to strengthen his side and pull further clear of their title rivals.
Key areas that need strengthening
Liverpool have an impressive core at their disposal but they are struggling with an injury crisis this season especially at the back.
The likes of Joe Gomez and Virgil van Dijk have been ruled out for several months and Joel Matip has been in and out of the squad with injuries as well.
Klopp must look to sign a quality centre back when the window opens next month and Liverpool have been linked with the likes of David Alaba, Ozan Kabak, Sven Botman and Dayot Upamecano recently.
Alaba will be a free agent at the end of this season and therefore Bayern Munich might be open to cashing in on him next month.
Schalke and Lille could use the money in January and therefore Kabak and Botman might be available for the right price as well.
Upamecano is a key player for RB Leipzig and the German side will probably not want to lose him midway through the season. They are under no financial pressure to sell the player either.
The likes of Divock Origi and Adrian have been linked with moves away from Liverpool recently and it will be interesting to see if the Reds can get the duo off their books.
Adrian was a backup to Alisson at the start of the season but his error-prone performances have seen Kelleher take up the role of the backup keeper and therefore the former West Ham goalkeeper is likely to be moved on soon.
Origi has fallen further down the pecking order under Jurgen Klopp after the signing of Diogo Jota and the Belgian needs to move away from Liverpool for his own benefit.
Latest Liverpool News
- Liverpool’s 2021/2022 key fixtures and predictions
- Gini Wijnaldum vows to reveal the reasons behind Liverpool exit after the Euros
- Liverpool players that will feature in Euro 2020
- Liverpool have reportedly submitted a bid for Lorenzo Pellegrini
- Southampton in talks to sign Takumi Minamino permanently
- John Barnes urges Liverpool to sign Ousmane Dembele instead of Jadon Sancho
- Liverpool prepared to cash in on Marko Grujic
- Trent Alexander-Arnold ruled out of the Euros with a thigh injury
- Adrian closing in on a new deal with Liverpool
- Liverpool Transfer News: Five Major Transfers To Expect This Summer