Liverpool vs Leicester City
Premier League 2020/21
22nd November, 19:15 pm BST
Anfield Stadium, Liverpool
Live Stream: BT Sport (find streaming options here)
Liverpool host Leicester City in the Premier League this weekend and they will be hoping to overtake the Foxes at the top of the table.
The defending champions are third in the league table, one point behind Leicester.
Jurgen Klopp’s side have an injury crisis and are likely to be without several first-team stars for this game.
Trent Alexander-Arnold has not recovered from his injury against Manchester City and he is likely to miss out along with Mohamed Salah, who tested positive for coronavirus while on international duty with Egypt.
Klopp may have to rely on youngsters like Nat Phillips and Neco Williams this weekend and it remains to be seen how they fare against tested Premier League stars like James Maddison and Jamie Vardy.
Brendan Rodgers has transformed Leicester into an impressive attacking machine and they are likely to test Liverpool at the back throughout the game. The Reds will be hoping that the likes of Joel Matip and Alisson can bail them out this week.
Leicester will be without the services of Daniel Amartey and Caglar Soyuncu for the weekend (as per PhysioRoom.com) but Rodgers can be reasonably pleased with the options at his disposal ahead of the trip to Merseyside.
The Foxes have failed to win any of their last six meetings with the Reds, but they will fancy their chances here. The Liverpool team will be severely weakened and Leicester have the quality to threaten their impeccable home record.
6⃣3⃣ @premierleague games unbeaten at Anfield, equalling a club record 🙌
Home 🤩 pic.twitter.com/9NUVG97eaE
— Liverpool FC (@LFC) October 31, 2020
Predicted Liverpool Starting Line-up: Alisson; Williams, Matip, Phillips, Robertson; Wijnaldum, Keita, Milner; Jota, Firmino, Mane.
Predicted Leicester Starting Line-up: Schmeichel; Fofana, Evans, Fuchs; Castagne, Tielemans, Mendy, Justin; Barnes, Maddison; Vardy.
Liverpool have won 29 of their last 30 home matches in the Premier League. They have also managed to score at least two goals in 28 of their last 30 home league matches.
Leicester have won their last four away matches in the Premier League.
Latest Liverpool News
- Gini Wijnaldum vows to reveal the reasons behind Liverpool exit after the Euros
- Liverpool players that will feature in Euro 2020
- Liverpool have reportedly submitted a bid for Lorenzo Pellegrini
- Southampton in talks to sign Takumi Minamino permanently
- John Barnes urges Liverpool to sign Ousmane Dembele instead of Jadon Sancho
- Liverpool prepared to cash in on Marko Grujic
- Trent Alexander-Arnold ruled out of the Euros with a thigh injury
- Adrian closing in on a new deal with Liverpool
- Liverpool Transfer News: Five Major Transfers To Expect This Summer
- Liverpool preparing for a massive clear-out this summer