Premier League action will continue on Monday night as Liverpool and Everton lock horns in a mouthwatering clash at Anfield.
The two sides share one of the biggest rivalries in English football and their matches always provide a great spectacle.
The Reds hit a new low last weekend as they fell to an embarrassing 3-0 loss at Wolverhampton Wanderers.
Awful defending from the visitors saw Julen Lopetegui’s men score two goals within the first 12 minutes of the game.
The Merseyside giants then failed to make a comeback but conceded another late goal to slump to a disappointing defeat.
They are currently 10th in the league standings, with 12 points behind Newcastle United in fourth.
Liverpool will now come up against Everton who are battling to survive in the Premier League.
The Toffees sacked Frank Lampard following the 2-0 loss at West Ham United.
But a managerial change seems to have worked in their favour as they picked up a big victory over league leaders Arsenal at the weekend.
Sean Dyche’s men frustrated the Gunners’ attackers before scoring a second-half goal through James Tarkowski to seal a memorable win.
Liverpool’s season is going from bad to worse. They have managed to earn a single point in the new year, despite playing four matches in the English top-flight.
Besides Wolves, Brentford and Brighton & Hove Albion have also taken full points against the Reds in 2023. The Merseyside outfit have kept only two clean sheets in their previous ten matches across all competitions. Their forwards aren’t doing a great job either, with just two goals in their last five games.
Liverpool boast an excellent record against Everton at Anfield as the Reds have lost only one of their previous 25 matches played at the venue.
The Toffees have been woeful throughout this campaign, losing an incredible 11 of their 21 matches to be in the relegation zone. But they are likely to be in a buoyant mood after their huge victory against Arsenal.
However, Dominic Calvert-Lewin is not expected to be fit enough to play on Monday in an unwelcome Everton news for the away supporters.
Liverpool vs Everton Potential line-ups
Liverpool: Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Matip, Robertson; Henderson, Fabinho, Bajcetic; Salah, Nunez, Gakpo
Everton: Pickford; Coleman, Coady, Tarkowski, Mykolenko; Iwobi, Onana, Gueye, Doucoure, McNeil; Maupay
Liverpool vs Everton Prediction
Jurgen Klopp has called for a reaction from his team after the loss at Wolves last weekend. With local bragging rights on the line, the Reds are expected to bounce back and claim a victory at Anfield.
However, given Conor Coady and James Tarkowski will be Everton’s central defenders, we don’t expect the home side to score a lot of goals.
Liverpool 1-0 Everton
Latest Liverpool News
- FA Cup: Liverpool predicted line-up vs Arsenal
- Liverpool’s six games that could see them top the Premier League table in January
- Liverpool players in the international break
- Preview: Liverpool vs Everton – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Anfield is one of the Premier League’s most accessible stadiums
- What are Liverpool’s chances of winning the Europa League?
- Liverpool new signing Alexis Mac Allister gets red card on Anfield debut against Bournemouth
- Liverpool in July: Four pre-season fixtures as Klopp aims for a huge comeback next season
- Mo Salah on target to reach 200+ goals for Liverpool next season
- Salah could break Thierry Henry’s record by scoring one goal in Liverpool’s next two games