Liverpool are set to take on Manchester United in the Premier League this weekend and the Reds will be without quite a few first team players.
According to Manchester Evening News, Jurgen Klopp will be forced to field a makeshift back four once again and the Red Devils will be hoping to make the most of their vulnerabilities and grind out a morale-boosting win at home.
Defender Nat Phillips will miss out on the trip to Old Trafford with a hamstring injury and he will join the likes of Virgil van Dijk, Joe Gomez, Joel Matip and captain Jordan Henderson on the sidelines.
Meanwhile back up striker Divock Origi is also unavailable through injury.
Phillips has filled in at the back alongside Ozan Kabak this season but his absence at Old Trafford will force Liverpool to field Fabinho as a centre bank.
The Brazilian midfielder Is likely to partner Kabak at the heart of Liverpool’s defence and it could end up weakening the Liverpool midfield.
The Reds do not have any other defensive midfield options at their disposal and their midfield is likely to be vulnerable without Fabinho in it.
Liverpool are in desperate need of three points if they want to keep their Champions League hopes alive and it will be interesting to see if they can beat Manchester United who have been extremely difficult to defeat in recent months.
Latest Liverpool News
- Liverpool’s 2021/2022 key fixtures and predictions
- Gini Wijnaldum vows to reveal the reasons behind Liverpool exit after the Euros
- Liverpool players that will feature in Euro 2020
- Liverpool have reportedly submitted a bid for Lorenzo Pellegrini
- Southampton in talks to sign Takumi Minamino permanently
- John Barnes urges Liverpool to sign Ousmane Dembele instead of Jadon Sancho
- Liverpool prepared to cash in on Marko Grujic
- Trent Alexander-Arnold ruled out of the Euros with a thigh injury
- Adrian closing in on a new deal with Liverpool
- Liverpool Transfer News: Five Major Transfers To Expect This Summer