Liverpool endured one of their worst seasons in 2022-23, finishing fifth in the league to miss out on Champions League football.
They were chasing a quadruple of trophies in 2021-22 but saw a massive drop in their fortunes last term.
Jurgen Klopp’s men suffered early exits from the Carabao Cup and the FA Cup, while their European campaign also ended in the round of 16 after a heavy 6-2 aggregate defeat at the hands of Real Madrid.
Despite the Reds’ struggles, Mohamed Salah enjoyed another stellar campaign in England.
In 51 appearances across all competitions, the Egyptian bagged 30 goals to become Liverpool’s top goalscorer this season.
The Reds’ season could have been even worse without Salah who has been a consistent performer since coming to Merseyside in 2017.
In his last six years, the 31-year-old has scored an incredible 186 goals in 305 appearances. Fans have become accustomed to an average of more than 20 Premier League goals per season from the forward.
Salah is now on target to reach over 200 goals for Liverpool next term as he only needs 14 more to achieve that mark.
The Right winger’s worst season at Anfield has seen him bagging 23 league goals, and so he is very likely to surpass 200 next term.
The Egypt international is regarded by many as one of the greatest forwards the Reds have ever had.
He is currently fifth in the club’s all-time top scoring charts but is expected to further improve his ranking over the following years.
Latest Liverpool News
- FA Cup: Liverpool predicted line-up vs Arsenal
- Liverpool’s six games that could see them top the Premier League table in January
- Liverpool players in the international break
- Preview: Liverpool vs Everton – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Anfield is one of the Premier League’s most accessible stadiums
- What are Liverpool’s chances of winning the Europa League?
- Liverpool new signing Alexis Mac Allister gets red card on Anfield debut against Bournemouth
- Liverpool in July: Four pre-season fixtures as Klopp aims for a huge comeback next season
- Mo Salah on target to reach 200+ goals for Liverpool next season
- Salah could break Thierry Henry’s record by scoring one goal in Liverpool’s next two games