Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah has revealed that the club is yet to approach him regarding a contract extension.
The 28 year old is one of the best players at the club and the Reds must look to sort out his long term future as soon as possible.
The player has recently been linked with a move to Spain with the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona tipped as potential destinations.
Salah is a key member of Jurgen Klopp’s side and losing him would be a massive blow to the Reds’ hopes of challenging for the major trophies.
It has been a difficult season for the Merseyside giants but Salah has managed to deliver consistently regardless of his team’s struggles.
The Egyptian international has 29 goals to his name in all competitions. He should be one of the first names on the club’s list of contract extensions.
“No one is talking to me about anything, so I can’t say much about that,” said Salah via Athletic.
“No one in the club is talking to me about anything so I do not know.”
Salah’s public revelation is clearly a message for the Liverpool hierarchy to get their act together and initiate discussions regarding a new deal.
It remains to be seen how the situation unfolds over the next few weeks now.
The Reds are in danger of missing out on Champions League qualification and they should look to tie Salah down to a long term contract in order to avoid transfer links throughout the summer window.
Latest Liverpool News
- Liverpool Players at the 2022 World Cup
- Liverpool Predictions in October 2022: Can the Reds bounce back?
- Liverpool vs Ajax Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Liverpool’s final pre-season week: RB Salzburg, Man City & more
- Liverpool v Man Utd Pre-Season Friendly: Date, Kick-off Time & How to stream
- Fabrizio Romano offers insight into Darwin Nunez’s move to Liverpool
- Liverpool’s 2022/23 Premier League Fixtures Announced – Key Highlights
- Liverpool Transfer News – Sadio Mane leaning towards Bayern Munich move
- Liverpool vs Real Madrid Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool’s Road To FA Cup Final – Quadruple Quest On The Line At Wembley