Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah has revealed that the club is yet to approach him regarding a contract extension.
The 28 year old is one of the best players at the club and the Reds must look to sort out his long term future as soon as possible.
The player has recently been linked with a move to Spain with the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona tipped as potential destinations.
Salah is a key member of Jurgen Klopp’s side and losing him would be a massive blow to the Reds’ hopes of challenging for the major trophies.
It has been a difficult season for the Merseyside giants but Salah has managed to deliver consistently regardless of his team’s struggles.
The Egyptian international has 29 goals to his name in all competitions. He should be one of the first names on the club’s list of contract extensions.
“No one is talking to me about anything, so I can’t say much about that,” said Salah via Athletic.
“No one in the club is talking to me about anything so I do not know.”
Salah’s public revelation is clearly a message for the Liverpool hierarchy to get their act together and initiate discussions regarding a new deal.
It remains to be seen how the situation unfolds over the next few weeks now.
The Reds are in danger of missing out on Champions League qualification and they should look to tie Salah down to a long term contract in order to avoid transfer links throughout the summer window.
Latest Liverpool News
- Liverpool’s 2021/2022 key fixtures and predictions
- Gini Wijnaldum vows to reveal the reasons behind Liverpool exit after the Euros
- Liverpool players that will feature in Euro 2020
- Liverpool have reportedly submitted a bid for Lorenzo Pellegrini
- Southampton in talks to sign Takumi Minamino permanently
- John Barnes urges Liverpool to sign Ousmane Dembele instead of Jadon Sancho
- Liverpool prepared to cash in on Marko Grujic
- Trent Alexander-Arnold ruled out of the Euros with a thigh injury
- Adrian closing in on a new deal with Liverpool
- Liverpool Transfer News: Five Major Transfers To Expect This Summer