Liverpool midfielder Naby Keita has reportedly been offered to Spanish outfit Atletico Madrid this summer.
According to reports (via Sportwitness), the player’s agents are offering him around but the Spanish club are not interested in signing the Guinean.
Keita’s time at Liverpool has been plagued with injuries and he has failed to live up to the expectations since his £52 million move from RB Leipzig.
There is no doubt that the 26-year-old is immensely talented and he has managed to showcase his potential whenever he is fit. However, he is extremely unreliable in terms of fitness and it will be interesting to see if Liverpool decide to cut their losses on him this summer.
The Reds will have to bring in midfield reinforcements following the departure of Gini Wijnaldum and the sale of Keita could help them fund their own signings.
It remains to be seen whether Liverpool can find a suitable buyer for the 26 year old midfielder this summer.
They will be looking to recoup most of the £52 million they paid for him a few seasons ago.
The midfielder has the potential to be a sensational player for most clubs but he will need to get over his injury issues first.
Latest Liverpool News
- Liverpool’s six games that could see them top the Premier League table in January
- Liverpool players in the international break
- Preview: Liverpool vs Everton – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Anfield is one of the Premier League’s most accessible stadiums
- What are Liverpool’s chances of winning the Europa League?
- Liverpool new signing Alexis Mac Allister gets red card on Anfield debut against Bournemouth
- Liverpool in July: Four pre-season fixtures as Klopp aims for a huge comeback next season
- Mo Salah on target to reach 200+ goals for Liverpool next season
- Salah could break Thierry Henry’s record by scoring one goal in Liverpool’s next two games
- Preview: Liverpool vs Aston Villa – prediction, team news, line-up