Liverpool midfielder Naby Keita is facing an uncertain future at Anfield after another disappointing season.
The Guinea international has struggled to hold down a regular starting berth at Liverpool because of his constant injury problems and it will be interesting to see if the Reds decide to cash in on him this summer.
Liverpool paid a fee of around £53 million for him back in 2018 and the midfielder has made just 76 appearances for them so far.
Clearly the Premier League side expected more when they decided to splash out that kind of money on him three years ago.
There is no doubt that Keita is a prodigious talent who has shown his quality in flashes but he needs to sort out his injury problems in order to start regularly and showcase his true quality.
According to the Athletic, the midfielder wants to stay at Liverpool next season and fight for his place but the club is under increased pressure to cut their losses on him.
The Reds are already struggling financially because of the pandemic and they could miss out on Champions League football which would further limit their transfer activities.
In this situation, they might have to cash in on their fringe players in order to sign new players and Keita might just be on the chopping block.
Latest Liverpool News
- What are Liverpool’s chances of winning the Europa League?
- Liverpool new signing Alexis Mac Allister gets red card on Anfield debut against Bournemouth
- Liverpool in July: Four pre-season fixtures as Klopp aims for a huge comeback next season
- Mo Salah on target to reach 200+ goals for Liverpool next season
- Salah could break Thierry Henry’s record by scoring one goal in Liverpool’s next two games
- Preview: Liverpool vs Aston Villa – prediction, team news, line-up
- Liverpool in May: Can Klopp’s team get 15 points to lay down a marker for next season?
- Preview: Leeds United vs Liverpool – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Three Players Liverpool Must Sign After Jude Bellingham Blow
- Liverpool in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures