Liverpool picked up a comfortable 3-0 win over Burnley in the Premier League and defender Nat Phillips produced a quality performance for the away side.
The 23 year old centre back was not only assured at the back, he managed to chip in with a quality goal as well.
Furthermore, Phillips was involved in a goal-line clearance during the Burnley game and he revealed in an interview that he would prefer to come up with goal-line clearances in future rather than scoring a goal himself.
He said to the club’s website: “Clearance off the line – every time! It’s my job to stop the ball from going in the net, to stop goals. If I can get on the scoresheet, happy days, a bit of a bonus. But I’d much rather have a clean sheet.”
It is hardly surprising that Phillips wants to contribute defensively as opposed to scoring goals.
The defender has been excellent since his introduction to the Liverpool starting lineup and it will be interesting to see if he can continue to perform at a high level until the end of the season.
The Reds have lost all of their key defenders due to injuries and they have had to rely on young defenders like Phillips and Rhys Williams this season.
Both defenders have been quite impressive this season and they deserve a lot of credit for the way they have stepped during a crisis.
Latest Liverpool News
- Liverpool’s 2022/23 Premier League Fixtures Announced – Key Highlights
- Liverpool Transfer News – Sadio Mane leaning towards Bayern Munich move
- Liverpool vs Real Madrid Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool’s Road To FA Cup Final – Quadruple Quest On The Line At Wembley
- Liverpool Week Recap: Champions League Quarter-Final Success Sets FA Cup Action Nicely & Latest Transfer Updates
- Liverpool Transfer News: Possible Salah replacement, Origi out, Rice in?
- Liverpool April 2022 Preview: Fatigue the biggest enemy as Klopp’s men play eight times
- Liverpool vs Inter Milan: Preview – Prediction, line-ups, live streaming
- Andy Robertson Delivers Premier League Title Verdict Ahead of Liverpool clash against Norwich
- How Could Liverpool Line Up in Attack Against Leicester City?