Liverpool have been dealt a major blow ahead of their trip to Manchester United on Thursday.
Young defender Ozan Kabak is thought to be sidelined with a minor injury and he is unlikely to return at Old Trafford (via Liverpool Echo).
Jurgen Klopp revealed in his pre-match presser: “With Millie, it’s not a big thing but I expect him back maybe next week or something like that. “With Ozan, we don’t know exactly, we have to wait and see a little bit. It’s a muscle thing, it happened without any real intensity but still serious enough for not being involved. The same for Ben Davies.”
The youngster joined Liverpool on loan from Schalke during the January transfer window and he has been quite impressive for Jurgen Klopp’s side.
It will be interesting to see who plays at the back in his absence.
The Turkish defender missed the game against Southampton last time out but the Reds managed to cope without him. Against United, they will be up against better attackers and Kabak’s injury is likely to be a problem.
The Liverpool manager started the likes of Rhys Williams and Nat Phillips against Southampton and it remains to be seen whether he’s willing to start them again at Old Trafford.
Alternatively, the Reds could be forced to move Fabinho back into central defence. However, such a move will only weaken the side.
Liverpool have excelled every time Fabinho has played at the centre of the park this season and they cannot afford to limit the Brazilian’s impact by moving him into the back four.
Latest Liverpool News
- Liverpool’s six games that could see them top the Premier League table in January
- Liverpool players in the international break
- Preview: Liverpool vs Everton – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Anfield is one of the Premier League’s most accessible stadiums
- What are Liverpool’s chances of winning the Europa League?
- Liverpool new signing Alexis Mac Allister gets red card on Anfield debut against Bournemouth
- Liverpool in July: Four pre-season fixtures as Klopp aims for a huge comeback next season
- Mo Salah on target to reach 200+ goals for Liverpool next season
- Salah could break Thierry Henry’s record by scoring one goal in Liverpool’s next two games
- Preview: Liverpool vs Aston Villa – prediction, team news, line-up