Liverpool host RB Leipzig in the Champions League knockout round later tonight.
The Reds managed to win the first leg 2-0 away from home, and they will be hoping to get the job done in the second leg.
Liverpool have been in abysmal form, having lost four of the last six matches in all competitions, and Jurgen Klopp is under pressure to guide his team into the quarter-finals of the Champions League.
A win here would give them some much-needed relief and confidence heading into the remainder of the season.
Despite their problems in the league, the Reds have been quite impressive in the European competition, and they will be eager to grind out a positive result against the German outfit.
Liverpool have kept a clean sheet in six of their last eight Champions League matches and will fancy their chances against a defensively vulnerable RB Leipzig side that has conceded at least two goals in their last three Champions League matches.
Jurgen Klopp will be without Joel Matip, Virgil van Dijk, Jordan Henderson, Joe Gomez and Roberto Firmino because of injuries.
The likes of Ozan Kabak and Fabinho are back in training and are expected to start here.
Ozan Kabak back in training at Kirkby today. No sign of Roberto Firmino. #LFC
— James Pearce (@JamesPearceLFC) March 9, 2021
Predicted Liverpool starting line-up: Alisson, Trent, Phillips, Kabak, Robertson, Thiago, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Salah, Jota, Mane.
Naby Keita, James Milner, Neco Williams, Rhys Williams and Xherdan Shaqiri are expected to drop back into the bench after starting against Fulham.
27-year-old defensive midfielder Fabinho should return alongside Sadio Mane, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Thiago Alcantara and Ozan Kabak.
Latest Liverpool News
- Liverpool’s 2022/23 Premier League Fixtures Announced – Key Highlights
- Liverpool Transfer News – Sadio Mane leaning towards Bayern Munich move
- Liverpool vs Real Madrid Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool’s Road To FA Cup Final – Quadruple Quest On The Line At Wembley
- Liverpool Week Recap: Champions League Quarter-Final Success Sets FA Cup Action Nicely & Latest Transfer Updates
- Liverpool Transfer News: Possible Salah replacement, Origi out, Rice in?
- Liverpool April 2022 Preview: Fatigue the biggest enemy as Klopp’s men play eight times
- Liverpool vs Inter Milan: Preview – Prediction, line-ups, live streaming
- Andy Robertson Delivers Premier League Title Verdict Ahead of Liverpool clash against Norwich
- How Could Liverpool Line Up in Attack Against Leicester City?