Liverpool host RB Leipzig in the Champions League knockout round later tonight.
The Reds managed to win the first leg 2-0 away from home, and they will be hoping to get the job done in the second leg.
Liverpool have been in abysmal form, having lost four of the last six matches in all competitions, and Jurgen Klopp is under pressure to guide his team into the quarter-finals of the Champions League.
A win here would give them some much-needed relief and confidence heading into the remainder of the season.
Despite their problems in the league, the Reds have been quite impressive in the European competition, and they will be eager to grind out a positive result against the German outfit.
Liverpool have kept a clean sheet in six of their last eight Champions League matches and will fancy their chances against a defensively vulnerable RB Leipzig side that has conceded at least two goals in their last three Champions League matches.
Jurgen Klopp will be without Joel Matip, Virgil van Dijk, Jordan Henderson, Joe Gomez and Roberto Firmino because of injuries.
The likes of Ozan Kabak and Fabinho are back in training and are expected to start here.
Ozan Kabak back in training at Kirkby today. No sign of Roberto Firmino. #LFC
— James Pearce (@JamesPearceLFC) March 9, 2021
Predicted Liverpool starting line-up: Alisson, Trent, Phillips, Kabak, Robertson, Thiago, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Salah, Jota, Mane.
Naby Keita, James Milner, Neco Williams, Rhys Williams and Xherdan Shaqiri are expected to drop back into the bench after starting against Fulham.
27-year-old defensive midfielder Fabinho should return alongside Sadio Mane, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Thiago Alcantara and Ozan Kabak.
Latest Liverpool News
- Liverpool Joined Race to Sign Jules Kounde
- Liverpool Set Sights on Jarrod Bowen and West Ham Ace Keen on Moving to Anfield
- Liverpool Prepare Massive Contract Offer for Barcelona wonderkid Gavi
- Liverpool’s January Fixtures Schedule
- Liverpool’s 2021/2022 key fixtures and predictions
- Gini Wijnaldum vows to reveal the reasons behind Liverpool exit after the Euros
- Liverpool players that will feature in Euro 2020
- Liverpool have reportedly submitted a bid for Lorenzo Pellegrini
- Southampton in talks to sign Takumi Minamino permanently
- John Barnes urges Liverpool to sign Ousmane Dembele instead of Jadon Sancho